VI

"For the record, im not not telling the truth. I've actually been doing really well. Because the morning after that whole drug-dealer-face&tattoo fentanyl excursion, I, uh, got in a little bit of trouble...for disappearing for like 16 hours. Jules told me what Davina did for me. How she covered my ass. My uh mom was still pretty upset. I guess I owed Davina after all.
She wasn't the only person upset with me.
Rue looked at the shorter girl in front of her. She watched as Davina gathered her stuff to leave. She didn't know what to say. So she didn't say anything. Rue felt ashamed for what happened and having Davina come in for the rescue. Davina could feel eyes on her. Knowing she would have to look at her at some point, she took a deep breath. " fuck it" putting both hands on each shoulder she pulled a shocked Rue to her. She held her for a few moments before mumbling. "Im so glad you're okay" pulling away Davina looked into her eyes. Trying desperately to find something. But couldn't find it." I lied to your worried sick mother. Don't you ever put me in a situation like that again." Nodding she let go and grabbed her bag. She walked towards the door, right before she was going to leave she turned to look at Jules. "Thank you for calling me. Get some sleep." Tears filled rules eyes she continued to lay by Jules. The happy feeling she had earlier was gone and in its place was guilt. "Im not kidding, Rue. Im not trying to become best friends with someone who gonna fucking kill themselves."

Davina lay in her bed laughing. She had been texting Jules a lot more. Since that night they had become closer. She even hung out with rue and her a lot more too. They would hang out with jules or just sit in davinas car laughing and talking. She started to feel more alive and peaceful. They hadn't hung out at davinas house yet though. She didn't want them to see her life.
Jules had been texting people. Shyguy18 and Davina. They both were two different people and yet they made her feel the same way. Every time she would get butterflies. She felt alive when Davina would smile as she or even hold her hand. The past two weeks she had been so happy and alive. With an amazing friend like Rue and two crushes. It also helped that Rue had stayed clean for the last two weeks. Nothing could be happier. Well. Expect that she couldn't help the guilty feeling she had. When she would talk about Tyler to them Davina didn't seem upset or jealous. She even encouraged it. She would light up and smile. The issue was. Tyler didn't know about Davina. I mean he did but she didn't know that.
Jules: can I tell you something?
Promise not to get mad at me.
Tyler: what's wrong?
Nate looked down at his phone. Waiting for jules to respond. He would never admit but his heart did start to beat faster.
Jules: I have been texting and spending time with someone else.
Pressing send jules paced her room before typing another message.
Jules: her name is Davina. I like her a lot. I like you a lot too.
Staring wide-eyed at his phone, Nate for the first time didn't know how to respond. Getting out of his bed he walked towards his bedroom window. He could see Davina. She like most days was outside by her pool. With a book in one hand, she seemed so peaceful. Not knowing that she was being talked about. Looking down he responded to her.
Tyler: How could you like two people?
Hypocrisy at its finest.
The sound of her phone made her look down. His question made her pause for a second. She didn't know how to answer.
Jules: I don't know how to answer that. I just feel safe and happy with both of you. Im am sorry if I misled you.
Tyler: I don't hate you. This just made me like you more, jules. You aren't afraid to be who you are.
Does she know about me?
Smiling jules couldn't believe her luck. This was going a lot better than she thought it would.
Jules: I mean yeah. Lol, she seems happy that I have someone, like you. She doesn't know about my feelings though. My first girl crush.
Picturing Davina and jules together didn't sound too bad. Nate could picture it now, honestly.
Tyler: if you told her your feelings, would she make you stop talking to me? Now Nate was slightly worried. If he encouraged her to tell Davina. She could like her back and want something serious. Meaning no more Tyler.No more him. Or he could hurt jules even more and make her lose someone she cared about. The question caught jules by surprise. Would Davina make her drop Tyler. Could she even leave Tyler? Sweet and caring Tyler. The man had made her fall in love. Made her feel so safe.
Breathing in she thought about Davina. Who the type of person she was.
Jules: I don't know.
Nate watched as Davina picked up her phone and smiled. He couldn't help but feel a little pissed at whoever made her smile. Then jules popped into his head. And he calmed down.
Tyler: I think you should tell her. I won't lie, I wouldn't mind sharing. Only if she means that much to you.
Jules stared wide eyes at her phone. Could she really give them both? Would Gavin even allow it? Would that be too selfish? Maybe they could become close too. They could build trust.
Jules: I couldn't do that to you guys. That would be selfish.
Tyler: fuck being selfish. You're amazing lol. I say you go tell her.
Jules didn't respond for a few minutes. She thought about it. Looking at herself in the mirror.
"I can do this.." Mumbling to herself. She sent a text to Davina.
"Can I come over? It's important."
Davina paused. She could say yes and finally, let someone in. Or she could continue to live her cold sheltered life. Would her brother want this for her? The answer to that was no. The only response jules got was a location.
"Jules:You're right. Thank you, Tyler.