Camilo's Birthday Party

Mirabel's POV

           It was Camilo's birthday and Abuela wasn't letting me help out with anything, it's not like it was a super important gift ceremony or anything. Although this was the best thing to happen to cheer the family up after Antonio's death. He had been killed by a lion and was mauled to death. He was the only reason I stayed at this place and Tio Bruno of course, but sadly, Bruno was exiled from this house. 

             Abuela hates Bruno and refuses to let him back in, I hate it here.. Even my parents have started to hate me. My mom who used to make a bunch of desserts for me has started to give me the burnt leftovers, I'm starting to feel like I don't belong here. I walked up to the nursery and flopped onto my bed, at least I was accepted here.

Camilo's POV

          It was my birthday, I don't even get why we're celebrating something so happy when a part of our family doesn't exist anymore. I locked myself into my bedroom, people don't care about me. Abuela only cares about the publicity behind this event, I would do anything to see Antonio's face again.

A/N: By the way, Camilo can't shapeshift into dead people.

      "Camilo? CAMILO!?", Abuela yelled: I was in big trouble. I looked at the flashing lights above my head turn red, great even my LED lights know I'm in trouble. I ran towards my closet and said: "Whoopee cushion!". I took it out and placed it in front of my door, I might as well leave in fashion. Abuela opened my door and stepped on the whoopee cushion, it made a very realistic fart sound. "CAMILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Abuela screamed, guess I'm getting killed today.

Mirabel's POV

          I could hear Abuela scream Camilo's name, I bet Abuela probably forgot about me. Maybe I should just stay in my room.. I mean it's not like I'm really a part of this family anyways. 

          Wait, who's knocking on my door? Abuela entered my room and shut the door behind her, "Dolores is running errands outside of town for the special event anyways." she said. She shot a cold stare at me and told me to sit up straight on my bed, I did as she commanded. "Mirabel, I know you're technically a part of this family, but for today I want you to stay far away from our family not just Camilo. You're just..", "Not like the rest of the us" I said, finishing her sentence. 

          This was something new even for Abuela, she looked at me for what would be the last time anyone would see me in years. Abuela shut the door and locked me inside of it, I screamed trying to get out of the door but not even Dolores could hear me.

Camilo's POV

           Abuela had made me sit in her room while she went to go run an errand, I couldn't help but look at all the dresses she had. Maybe I could use this one next time I transformed into Mirabel, it would fit her really well. I picked it up and sneakily went to my room and threw it into my closet, Mirabel's going to love this dress. 

         I rushed back to Abuela's room just in time because, a minute after I did she entered the room. She got me dressed up in to a suit, "Can I maybe wear a dress instead of a suit-" I asked politely, but Abuela glared at me "Do you really want to end up like Tio Bruno, Camilo?" she snapped at me. I nodded my head as she dressed me, I got up and looked into the mirrors surrounding Abuela's room. This wasn't me.. "You look spectacular, Camilo!" she said putting her arms around me while staring at the mirrors with me. I frowned, well at least when this is done, I'll have Dolores and Mirabel to entertain me.

No one's POV

           The people of the village started arriving at the Madrigal house, Camilo greeted everyone and performed his shape-shifting tricks to entertain the crowd. Julieta (Mirabel's mom) got the food ready and was serving it to everyone, whereas Mirabel was stuck in her room alone. She had kept knocking and yelling to get out of her room, this time Dolores did hear something. She was going to walk upstairs near the nursery when Abuela stopped her, "Dolores can you help me put this up?" she said and Dolores followed Abuela downstairs forgetting why she was even upstairs in the first place.

           It had come to the point where they were going to cut Camilo's cake, everyone had gathered around the dinner table to cut the cake. Camilo was forcing a smile as they cut the cake and voiced a fake squeal. Dolores knew something was up and shot a suspecting look at Camilo. He looked away immediately and shouted: "CAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!", Camilo was good at avoiding conflict. Everyone was cheering them on as they cut slices of cake, Mirabel on the other hand was sobbing as Camilo's birthday party was being held. "I bet no one even noticed I was gone.." said Mirabel, she was tearing up and slowly cracks started forming in her bedroom. "No, no, no... this is bad. Really bad!" she said, trying to control her emotions.

      But then Casita was teleported to her room. Abuela's door started blinking and then it disappeared, the house started rumbling. Abuela ran upstairs towards the nursery and burst open the door, Mirabel grabbed the Casita. "Mirabel, don't you dare.." said Abuela staring at her, "Say pleasee." responded Mirabel. Mirabel's eyes suddenly flashed a purple, Abuela remained silent. "The Casita has only ever done harm to this family.." said Mirabel clutching the candle close to her. Abuela ran up to Mirabel and tried snatching the candle away from her only to fall and land hard on the ground. Mirabel started laughing at her, and sat down beside Abuela:

"If I can't have a miracle, no one can."

      The Casita started glowing and Mirabel laughed as she was transformed into a villain with a dark purple cape. She threw Abuela out of her bedroom, making the whole audience at the house look. Everyone rushed to Abuela's aid whereas Mirabel escaped the house making the sky thunder, no one seemed to wonder where Mirabel was except.. 

      "Oh, Mirabel.. no no-no. This can't be happening right now, of course Alma (abuela) had to ruin everything" said someone within the walls. They examined their room and found the broken pieces of their vision, they put together the pieces. 

"Casita.. has gotten into the wrong hands."