The Reign Of The Curse

Bruno's POV

      Camilo's voice echoed inside of my head, we were next. I don't know what happened to this town, but whatever happened: I'm not putting my sobrino in trouble especially if I could've just lost my sobrina to the dark side. I didn't have a good feeling about this town or whatever was left of it, there were dark people here: I felt it. "Tio Bruno?" mumbled Camilo keeping his head low, "Yes, Camilo?" I responded trying to navigate us through this mess. "I'm not getting good vibes from this place.." said Camilo, shivering: guess it didn't take a psychic to figure that out. We walked through the ashes of what the town next to us used to be, as we were walking something grabbed Camilo's leg, "AY!" he screamed. I quickly kicked it off him and found the weird purple glare inside of its eyes. "Camilo quiet it down a bit, the whole Encanto could hear you." I whispered, the thing growled at us and ran away.

     "Woah, I wish I could cosplay like that.." Camilo uttered, I felt bad for Camilo I was taking his childhood away from him like Alma did with me. When this was all done, I'd get him a bunch of dresses and suits he could dress up in! I would take him out to ice cream and maybe I could even afford more than the cabin we had right now. I was going to protect Camilo with my life, I used to have Mirabel, but now she's gone. Maybe I could try talking to her again.. "Tio! I think there's someone without purple eyes here." Camilo announced, I walked with him to the area.

      I protected him with my hands in front of us as we walked, we arrived at the area and to my surprise the person did have purple eyes. Although, they didn't have purple eyes like the others: it was a dark purple almost as if they were the leader of this pack of zombies. I approached them and they put their hand in front of their eyes, I wonder why.. dark purple is such a nice colour. "Don't go a step nearer to me.." said the mysterious person, I looked at them nervously. I stepped closer, but I pushed Camilo back: I'm going to confront this person. Nope nevermind, this is a bad idea: a very bad idea. I'm definitely going to go to my therapist after this, wait what if I have a panic attack in the middle of this? Oh, how embarrassing..

    The person removed their hand and looked at us both with curiosity, "You're not from here, are you?" the person asked. I didn't respond, but Camilo nodded in agreement. I should've trained him before I went to this place, whatever's going to happen to our town could already be in progress. Were we too late for that as well? I feel like a failure. "Where are you guys from? Encanto?" the mysterious person asked. Did our clothes give that off? I mean we did all dress pretty similarly, oh no I should've worn a disguise. The mysterious person looked at me all-over, before slowly smiling at me. "Bruno Madrigal. I've heard lots about you, I'm a friend of Evelyn. I'm sorry to hear about her passing.." the man said warmly, he knew Evelyn. I felt more relaxed and sat beside the man, I wonder what his story was. Camilo looked at me with shock, I bet he was super confused as to what was happening. "You both must be wondering what happened to me.. well similarly to your village there also was a family with gifts. I wasn't a part of the family, but I felt jealous of their gifts: I wanted one of my own. There was a fake spirit of the powers that lured me into taking this curse, although you can't see it:

"I'm dying."

     The mysterious person showed their body slowly dissolving to air, me and Camilo both backed away at the sight of it. The person smiled, "Save your village.. there is still hope in the perpetrator and in the people." he mumbled. I couldn't let him end it at this, "WAIT!" I shouted. The man gave a light laugh, "I can't really stop myself from dying." he said jokingly, but his expression was serious. "What is your power?" I asked, the person frowned. "Every person's powers are different, yet they're all something sinister. Mine's psychokinesis sadly it didn't work on humans, but a failed scientist's experiments sure did." he hiccuped, I knew he was running out of time. So we didn't know what we were dealing with, great but it could end as deadly as this one. "One last question." Camilo said coldly, I jumped backwards at Camilo's voice. I've never heard it like this, "What's your name?" Camilo asked politely changing his expression. I forgot he was a shapeshifter.. "My name is Diego Martinez." he said quietly, wait that would mean. "You're a relative of Evelyn." I said gasping, he shot a smile at me and then the next time I looked: his skull was staring at me. Soon his skull reached his bones and there the once alive person moments ago laid dead in front of us. This isn't just about Mirabel anymore.. this is about something more, something not even I know yet. "Are we going to save him just like Mirabel, Tio?" Camilo asked kindly, the boy had too much love in his heart. "Sure, Camilo." I responded, navigating our way back to Encanto.

Mirabel's POV

     I had controlled my own cousin against her will, this was horrible. How could I do this.. I really am a monster for this. Mirabel think negative, think negative: they caused you all this pain, you're just getting vengeance for it. I took a bite of my mother's food and screamed in pain, this wasn't supposed to happen. I tried going downstairs to grab a glass of water, but then my world had become pitch black.

"MIRABEL?!"