Rose-Tinted Love

Dolores' POV

      Whoever just said that, should've kept it in their mind. I tiptoed downstairs, I don't care how late it is right now: Mirabel's life was endangered. I had to find whoever the hell was behind this, screw tip-toeing.. I need to run. My ears started buzzing as I ran, it was worth it. I ran out of the doors of the Casita and my eyes locked with Mariano, he was so hot. I stopped in front of him, "Hey, Mariano? I can help you with that." I said kindly, he looked at me blushing. We both started chatting and well, I lost track of time.

Mirabel's POV

     I tried closing my eyes, but I couldn't sleep: it's like something inside of me stirring. Something had changed within me, something I couldn't put my finger on. I got up and looked in the mirror, this didn't feel like me. I wanted a change, something bad: something huge. Something no one in the family would expect, maybe dark purple would look good on me. I didn't have enough money for new clothes, I would need to steal.

    I set off in the night feeling adrenaline pumping my veins, this felt good. I'm not sure if this was the best decision I could've made, but it was definitely a start. I don't really feel like there's a good or bad in this world anymore, maybe I would just follow my gut. I ran to the clothing thread shop run by one of my former bullies, I had a lot of those. His family was very well-off, but they were also extremely stuck-up. I didn't really feel guilty robbing this from them as it wouldn't make a difference for the either of us. I went inside of the store and looked at the back storage, I found a couple of loose supplies and stored them inside of my pockets. I found the black and dark-purple colours very attractive, let's just say my pockets were stuffed with them. Suddenly I heard a noise coming from the entrance, I tried running but cut my wrist across one of the hangers by accident. 

Was it bad I kinda liked the pain?

   I looked at the person who was about to catch me, and to my relief it was James. He picked me up and patted me on the back, I don't know how I knew his name. Something about him just felt so familiar like we had been soulmates in a different life, we walked out of the store and roamed the night. His eyes were cool, they were a dark-purple: I never knew that people could have those coloured eyes. 

James' POV

    I walked around the Encanto alone at night, it felt lonely. I wonder how a Madrigal gave me powers especially the most positive and giftless one. It felt weird how Mirabel had acted, something about her seemed so familiar: like we had been soulmates in another life. That's when my eyes caught her, she was breaking into a shop? Guess the powers really did mess her up.

    She wasn't even stealthy, shoot Carlos is getting out. I quickly sprinted up to him, "What are you doing here, perdant (loser)?". Carlos made my blood boil, I slapped him across the face. Now that I had powers, I didn't have to worry about the consequences. I liked this new side of me, I stared into Carlos' eyes and winked. I felt his eyes turn a light-purple, the effect my powers had on people was obvious. I could do so much with this, but I had to cover up my evidence.

TW: (death threat)

"Go k*ll yourself."

     Carlos did as commanded, he walked over to the lake and sat down inside of it. He would be dead by the time I was back. I walked into the store and I heard Mirabel fall, I quickly went towards her: she had scraped her wrist because of me. I awkwardly picked her up and patted her on the back, we locked eyes, but I couldn't control her.. not like I wanted to anyways. We walked out of the store, she seemed different.. should I tell her right now? No, now wasn't the time. "You're James right?" asked Mirabel, she wore a very emotionless expression: is this what powers did to you? "Yeah I am." I answered coldly, I felt bad answering her like that, but I had to. I didn't want to get attached to her.

    "I'm-" MIrabel said, but I cut her off: "I know who you are, you're one of the gifted Madrigals." I said annoyingly. Mirabel looked hurt, she went to go away, but I took her arm. "Stay. I want your company." I said kindly giving her a smile, she smiled at me back. We both went to the river and looked at the stars together, I had seen her knitting quietly. "What are you knitting?" I asked with a smile, "Something.." she answered quietly. "I want to look different." she said, of course she was insecure: the only giftless person in her family. I looked at Mirabel causing her to stop knitting, I towered over her. I was only a year older, but so much taller..

"I can help you with that."

     We both blushed and I placed my hands on the spare needles she had next to her, together we knitted together. Could I actually be making friends?

Camilo's POV

     I was walking with my boyfriend, no one knew about him well except for Dolores. We held hands and went to different shops together, when we finally arrived at the photo booth. We took photos of each other and they fell onto her lap after we were done, but of course we were just friends to others. 

Two friends that dearly loved each other.

     We made it to the juice stall and shook hands with the person who owned the shop, his name was César. He was a very kind gentleman that always gave me freebies, I feel like he knew I was a little fruity. "What is it for the lovebirds?" he said jokingly, we laughed it off. "Two orange juices please!" I asked smiling at my partner, I put a couple of coins at the top for César to grab. "Thank you, César!" I commented quietly, I grabbed my boyfriend's hand and we wandered together.

A couple of hours later..

     "Time passes quickly when I'm with you," he said chuckling, I smiled at him. My boyfriend who was once my bully had really grown up quickly, I'm proud of him for who he is today. "I think I'm in love with you, Camilo." he said seriously and he put my hand against his. "I'm telling my parents tomorrow and apologizing to everyone too. I want us to be official." he declared, it left me speechless. "Before I forget, keep this." he noted, he handed me a metal ring with a diamond inside of it: tears fell from my eyes and we both hugged. "I love you." he said passionately.

"I love you too, Carlos."