Can't You See Me?

Camilo's POV

     I woke up that day the most excited I had ever been in my life. I slept in, daydreaming about how awesome my life would be after this: I was finally coming out and with my boyfriend by my side through all of it. I sprinted down the stairs, but I bumped on the way only Mirabel had that good control of the stairs or anywhere in the Casita. I had a secret suspicion that the reason why Mirabel didn't have a gift is because, she's the next matriarch and she's going to be the holder of the candle. I never shared these theories with anyone, maybe I should talk to Bruno about it: I'm sure he would appreciate my ideas. I sat down at the breakfast table, I don't know how Mirabel can do this all by herself. She really did try too hard, maybe I should go ask her to help me. 

    I raced up the stairs and knocked on the nursery, no response.. that's unlike her. "It's your favourite primo here! Open up, Mira." I said cheerfully, but not too loud in consideration of Dolores. I waited outside her door for about 5 minutes before barging in only to not see her there, where the hell was Mirabel?!

Mirabel's POV

    Me and James were knitting through the night, I told him what look I was going for. He offered a few suggestions for me and told me what I could pull off really well, he had such a good sense of fashion. I started to vent to him about my family life, he didn't look surprised: was it obvious I was such a mess? Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

James' POV

    It was 6:00 AM, Mirabel had fallen asleep on my shoulder about 30 minutes ago. I should probably pack up and head out soon, I wouldn't want someone else to find Carlos' dead body before I could: I wanted the pleasure. I tidied up Mirabel's supplies and put them carefully back, she was still asleep. I picked her up and carried her supplies, hopefully the Madrigals' weren't awake.

Camilo's POV

    It's 6 AM?! Where is she?? There's no way she could've taken a walk, she didn't leave a note.. wait what if...

SHE GOT KIDNAPPED!

   This is the most obvious and probable answer, I should probably go looking for her. I took out a piece of paper and scribbled a note for the family on it in case I was looking for a while, that's when a flower hit me on the face. "What are you doing..?" Isabela asked concerningly, she gave  me a disapproving look. God when did she start looking so much like abuela-

   "Nothing! Just going to hang with a couple of friends." I said cheerfully, I mean that wasn't exactly a lie apart from the fact I was going to hang out with my boyfriend who's "just a friend" in front of family, but obviously that would change today. I was so excited! Isabela then snatched the note out of my hands and read it, "Your handwriting is scratchy, why are you in such a rush?" Isabela interrogated. I mean I could tell Isabela, she was Mirabel's older sister after all.. "Wait, is it about Mirabel?" Isabela asked. I nodded and she sighed, "Then I'm coming with you, she could've gotten kidnapped or something knowing her." Isabela stated. I didn't like the idea of Isabela coming, but just went with it: right as we were about to leave I caught a man with brown hair entering our Casita. Me and Isabela both looked in shock.

What was the orphan doing with Mira?

    He walked up to the stairs ignoring us and went towards the nursery, "WAIT!" me and Isabela screamed. He looked at us annoyed, what was his problem? "Don't worry, she's not hurt. I didn't kill her." he said while smirking, I didn't like this guy. 

James' POV

      I entered the nursery and put Mirabel on her bed, this room felt so empty. After, we give Mirabel a makeover we were going to give this room one too. I walked down the stairs and felt her sister and cousin's disapproving looks stabbing my back right before I was about to exit the house I winked at both of them. The two were going to be in for an even bigger shock today. I looked at the sky and figured it was around 6:45 AM, the perfect time. I went towards the lake and faked a blood-curdling scream, everyone around me went beside me. Soon the whole Encanto was filled with the same exact screams, everyone started waking up to see the catastrophe that lay in the river: my bully's dead body.

Camilo's POV

    Today was going to be a wonderful day even with that orphan randomly bringing Mirabel in and me thinking it was her dead corpse. Today was going to be awesome and no one could tell me otherwise, no one could ruin this moment for me. Suddenly, I heard a scream and then four more, they started multiplying. What's going on? I should probably go to Carlos' house first, I wanted to make sure he was okay. I walked outside and all I could hear was silence. Why did everyone stop screaming? I should probably run if I want me and Carlos to witness the tea, so I ran. As I ran, I had seen everyone giving me pitying looks: I wonder why.. it can't be too huge, right? I arrived at Carlos' house only to see all of the lights closed, I guess he must've gone looking out for me too. How sweet of him, I ran back only to see my abuela standing at the lake. The look here in eyes, oh no.. it was a crime scene! I ran up towards her and she looked sadly at me, why was everyone pitying me? Then, I made the biggest mistake of my life:

I looked at what was under the river, it was Carlos.

    Tears started running down my eyes, this went from the best day ever to the worst day ever. I jumped into the lake, why.. why would this happen? I sat down and looked at my deceased boyfriend, there's no way this could've happened. No way... he can't be dead, NO NO NO. I felt my weight carrying me up, but I started swimming downwards just to feel him. I looked into his eyes...

"Can't you see me?"

   My cries were muffled by the sound of the water, maybe I should stay here with him: where he was, I wanted to be there with him. I sat down beside him at the bottom of the river, my world had turned dark. I felt the rescue officers pulling me and Carlos up, I wanted both of us to be left alone. Who knew that those moments last night would be our last? I mean, what did I expect.. that it would be this easy to find love? Nothing ever went right anymore. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up.

James' POV

    I went towards the Casita and opened the door, I felt Mirabel's cold body fall onto me: she was crying. Why was she crying? She didn't even like Carlos, wait.. those aren't tears of sadness: they're tears of happiness. "Finnnaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyy!" she exclaimed, she took my hand and spinned me around. Was I dancing with a Madrigal? I spinned her around in exchange and embraced her, Mirabel walked away from to turn on the radio. I took her back and twirled her around, she giggled. If only this moment could last forever. "I want to change..." Mirabel mumbled, I could see the determination in her eyes. "Why don't we make a challenge then?" I said cunningly, I could see her blushing. "What's your favourite number?" I asked, "Hm.. seven!" she said putting her head on my chest as we slow-danced. "Then let's do a seven day challenge, you either change your whole persona and appearance or..

You have to date me.

    She raised an eyebrow and groaned, "I should've picked a million" she uttered. I started laughing, it was hard to take Mirabel Madrigal seriously which would make her the perfect...

    Mastermind! She's going to be the best leader and we'll definitely get revenge on the Encanto, "Wanna go upstairs?" I asked. She nodded her head, we stopped dancing and headed upstairs towards her room. Her bed was so comfy, "So, what's up?" she asked quietly. I took a deep sigh.. it was time.

"Mirabel Madrigal, I need your help."