Promise Me

"Mirabel Madrigal, I need your help."

Mirabel's POV

       "Help? Well, I'm obviously always open to help!" I answered, why would he interrupt our slow dancing session for this? It had to be something important otherwise he wouldn't, or maybe I was just hoping he would ask another question.. "It's r-really important, I-i s-swear!" he said while stuttering, why was he so nervous to ask for help? Wait, what if...

He's depressed.

     How could I not notice all the signs from before? I was going to make sure James was as happy as he could possibly be, I gave him a whole-heartedly smile. "Well I have powers from you.. you gave me a gift. Yet this gift isn't like the rest of your family's, it's different. I can control the minds of people, and I need your help to bring vengeance to the Encanto." he said, out of breath. Well that isn't what I expected, not at all. I guess everyone has powers except me, but whatever James is planning is horrible. I can't let the Encanto go to waste like that, even though my family can be extremely... but they care about me, right? Ugh I just created an awkward situation for myself, James would hate me if I said no. He's probably the person I care the most about in this world, if only Antonio was still alive that would make all of this so much better.

      I'm fine.. Mirabel Madrigal pull yourself together! I had to help everyone no matter the cause, I needed to prove to my family that I was enough: I needed to prove to James that I was enough. I wanted to help, I needed to help. I stared into his regal eyes with a look of determination in my eyes.

I'm in.

     He smiled at me and hugged me tightly, tears dropping from his eyes. Did he feel cared about? I wish I did too... he's probably just using me, but did I care?

No.

     I wanted him to use me rather than my own family because, in reality he was just a stranger I had met when I was robbing a store. He could've snitched on me, but he didn't: I'm indebted to him much more than I thought. This would just be a small repay for all the things he's done for me, wait are those snores? I looked beside me to see him fast-asleep, I smiled at him and put a blanket over him. He deserved some sleep after everything. I shut the door only to find Isabela at the door listening in, "HEY!" I screamed. She rolled her eyes, "It's not like I'm Dolores, I can't hear what's going on from a mile away." Isa remarked, I rolled my eyes at her. I walked away, I better start my seven-day challenge now. "HEY, who's the guy in your bedroom?" Isa screamed at me after I walked away, suddenly I felt my slow footsteps speed up. I ran out of the Casita, I could feel Isa's frustration from within the Casita. As I got out I spotted Camilo's unconscious body, what the hell? I ran up to him only to feel Abuela's cold stare stabbing my back. "Mirabel, you are not needed here or anywhere for that matter." Abuela said kindly, but I knew her intentions were different. Why'd she hate me so much, anyways? I wanted to stand up to her, I wanted to see Camilo..

    But of course, I didn't.. I have seven days to change I couldn't do this now. I needed to let the shock hit her when it was going to happen. I felt a rock hit the back of my head and turned around, Abuela smiled at me. "Apologize now, Mirabel." Abuela snarled at me, she was really testing my patience here. I started walking away, but then she grabbed my hand.

"Apologize now, MIRABEL MADRIGAL."

     I felt my hands turn into fists and I faked a smile at her, "Sorry." I mumbled. She grabbed me and pulled me to the center of attention. "APOLOGIZE!" she screamed, I could feel tears dripping down my face. "I'm sorry." I whispered, I was apologizing for her mistake. I could see cracks forming in the Casita, this was all Alma's fault. I could see her getting madder, "LOUDER." she screamed. "I'M SORRY!" I bellowed, the crowd had gotten larger. She grinned and slapped me across the face, "You only needed to say it once, Mirabel." she said with a huge smirk on her face. I hated this woman, I don't care if she was my abuela: I could feel the rage boiling in my stomach. I gave everyone a smile and walked off, time to start the plan.

Camilo's POV

      I woke up in my bed and my mom was standing over me tears running down her eyes, I guess Carlos' death made her sadder too. She smiled weakly as she fed me arepas made by tia Julieta, I felt the water inside of my lungs disappear. Wow so this wasn't just a huge nightmare, I tried getting up but I felt my mom push me down. "There's a guest for you outside the door, Camilo." my mom said sweetly, I nodded and to my surprise it was tio Bruno. "Camilo.." he said sadly, I forgot about Bruno... I really shouldn't have done that to myself. "Any news on the mission?" I asked happily, he frowned sadly. "Yes, but let's talk about your health right now." he uttered, "I'm healing, tia's arepas are really helping me out!" I voiced. "Not that kind of help, you know there are areas which tia Julieta can't help with... the mind." he mumbled, was Bruno talking about mental health? "Close the door." I uttered, he smiled at me and the door was slammed. I started writing a note and handed it to him, I couldn't risk Dolores hearing this.

The note:

"I feel like I'm dying, I don't want to live anymore not without my best friend. I just don't know how I can do all of this by myself, I'm sorry for venting it all out I just don't..."

    Bruno hugged me softly in consideration for my newly healed lungs, he smiled at me. I felt cared about, I hugged him back. "Now, what's the business about our mission? We're done it because Mirabel is back to the good side right!" I said hopefully, I didn't exactly know if Mirabel was back to us because I could barely see her, but I think that's just because she's a teen. "Well Mirabel is back to the good side, but after analyzing Carlos. I have both good and bad news." Bruno whimpered, I mean it can't be that bad right... Bruno took a deep breath before continuing. He signalled for me to give him a piece of paper and I handed him one from my dresser. He looked at it in confusion and smiled at me, he put it in his pocket and asked for a new one. That's weird of him. I handed him a new one and he scribbled things down, his handwriting was so... nice?

The note:

"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖜𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖔𝖘, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖜𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝕸𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖊𝖑. 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖓𝖔 𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖆 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘, 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗... 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖆, 𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉-𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖘 𝖆𝖓 𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖈 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖕𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖋 𝖘𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖞 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞 𝕲𝖔𝖉 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘. 𝕮𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖔 𝕸𝖆𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖆𝖑, 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕 𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓?"

     Of course my answer was... I will, I was too invested with this plan already I couldn't just not help Bruno.. I gave him a smile and he hugged me once again. "Promise me, we'll be through this together tio no matter what happens?" I asked Bruno innocently, he nudged my shoulder softly. "I promise." he declared loudly. We took the sheets of paper and went to abuela's room, she still wasn't back yet... Me and Bruno looked eyes, smiling at each other: we took the sheets of paper and threw them into the fire. The fire was cracking as it burnt the paper to ashes, I was growing up.

Mirabel's POV

Day 1

    I had no idea what I was going to do for day 1, but all James had written down for me was to meet him at the lake at 3:00 PM. I waited for the people to slowly disappear from afar and slowly all of them had disappeared right at 3. I found James there waiting for me, I jumped into his arms. "Now I need to ask you something, promise me we'll still be friends after?" James asked mem kindly, I stared into his dark and romantic eyes. "Promise me." James uttered, I grabbed his hand.

I promise.