The Night We Met

A/N: The topics in this chapter may be triggering, they are commonly discussed for the rest of the chapter you have been warned (not in graphic detail). Also my apologies for not updating! I had written most of this chapter on a google doc and it all got deleted. I've also been busy with school and writer's block ✨✨✨

The Night We Met

Camilo's POV

      A l-lot has changed... over the past two years and I mean a lot! It sucked living with Alma, but she had gotten better or so I hope. She always goes on "business trips" ,but I know she's probably just snogging some hot guy on a cruise. Yet the biggest change of all was... I went into my closet. I looked at all the pretty dresses, my favourite was one that resembled Dolores' dress. I would wear it all the time to remember her, I wonder if any of my other family members were alive.

They probably weren't, stop thinking optimistically Camilo. You're the reason your family had broken in the first place!

       I hate how everything's been now, I started getting a little voice in my head that brings me down. I couldn't make it go away, no matter what I tried. I couldn't cry it away, I couldn't run away from it, I couldn't do anything. I was powerless.

Just like your prima Mirabel!

        I punched and slapped myself, then I locked myself in the closet. I had been a bad person, a very bad person. I need to be punished. I NEED TO BE PUNISHED, I gasped for air as I was trapped inside. I imagined the closet collapsing on top of me, I would be reaching the same fate as Luisa: dead. I couldn't handle it anymore, I couldn't handle anything. My whole family was dead and the one person I trusted the most: Bruno was gone. My soulmate: gone. My twin: gone. Why am I still here? Everyone who enters my life always ends up leaving. I opened the closet and walked down towards my kitchen, I went towards the freezer drawer. I opened it up and took out a popsicle. I bit into it, my teeth shattering.

Flashback (Camilo and Carlos)

     "CAMILOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Carlos screamed, I flinched at the noise. Carlos was coming, I was doomed. I could already feel the blood trickling down my nose as he punched my nose non-stop, but this time it was different. He threw a popsicle stick at me, "I can see you, you know?" he uttered, rolling his eyes at me. "Camilo is not here, please leave a message..." I whispered and then made a beeping noise. He pulled me out of my hiding spot and stared straight at me.

"Don't lie to me."

          I laughed awkwardly, no one really understands me even my friends. Carlos laid out markers for us to colour the popsicle sticks with, he winked. "Let's do something different today..." he mumbled, and inched closer towards me. I felt my face turn red. We both coloured our popsicle sticks.

The results:

(Carlos)