𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑𝟏

-----------

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

ꜱᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴀʏ 4ᴛʜ

-----------

It was a Saturday morning and neither Isis nor Aniyah were home, Aniyah had business errands to run and Isis went to her mother's house to check up on her and her sister.

Once she got to her mom's house, her sister was excited to see her, as usual but ended up begging her to take her shopping for an outfit for Isis' graduation which was tomorrow.

They tried convincing their mom, Asia to come with them but she was feeling exhausted from all the running around from place to place she was doing yesterday just to make sure her daughter's graduation was perfect and that she got the gifts she wanted.

A few minutes after they left, Asia felt bored and decided to go cook something for her kids in case they came back hungry.

Not even moments after she got up, Isis and Brooklyn's father, who had now been working on building his relationship with his kids back up, walked in.

Him and the mother of his kids still didn't see eye to eye but kept it cordial for the sake of their children.

"What the fuck is you doin' walkin' into my house like that?" She asked him

"Yo shit wun' locked, and why you acting like that" he responded with a mug

"How am I acting? Ion' play that shit, knock before you come in nigga" she rolled her eyes

"Where my daughter?" he asked referring to Brooklyn because he knew Isis didn't live here so he rarely found her when he came to visit.

"Both of your daughters went to the mall, so you can come back later when they back" she said "Because I know they finna take a while"

"And why I can't just wait here?" he retorted

"Because this is MY house, the only reason you come here is for your kids and if they not here, you don't got no business in my crib." she snaked her neck "The fuck"

"Chill, you bein' mad extra" he said "I ain't even gon' bother you so don't worry bout me" he said before plopping down on the couch and getting on his phone as he waited for his kids to get back.

He sat there for a while as she cooked before feeling tired and slouching in his seat and putting his arm over his eyes to rest his eyes.

Once the food was ready, she figured if they were going to co-parent they couldn't avoid speaking to each other forever, so she went to offer him something to eat.

"Jamell" she shook him but he wouldn't wake up

"Fuck Asia." he mumbled under his breath "Shit"

She scrunched her face up and cocked her head back because she couldn't believe he was doing this in her house at that.

"Jamell wake the fuck up" she slapped his face and he finally got up, biting his lip at her once he saw her

"You hungry?" she asked

"Shiid, I could eat sum' else" he licked over his bottom lip.

"Unt unt, we not doing NONE of that." she shook her head, heading back into the kitchen

"Youn' never wan' just have fun and shit" he smacked his teeth following behind her "And yo ass wonder why I be cheating"

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, she turned around and sent a hard slap across his face. When she first found out about him cheating on her, it was right after she had a miscarriage with a baby boy that he'd always wanted.

Losing the baby made her feel like she wasn't good enough to keep her man happy and when he cheated on her, it made her feel worse, especially knowing his mistress could give him a son and she couldn't.

After that she didn't know what to do, he was all she knew. They met in Chicago where a 17 year old Jamell and his friends went for a trip after they graduated high school to celebrate, during that trip he met Asia, she was 16 at the time and the pair just had great chemistry and instantly became attached.

Weeks after he left Chicago, she found out that she was pregnant with his baby, she was so scared that her family would disown her and that she'd have nowhere to go but her mother understood, because she knew how it felt to be in such a situation.

After she told Jamell about her pregnancy, he was serious about being in the child's life, he got a job to help out and send money to Asia, flew out to Chicago from time to time during her pregnancy to be there for her and once she had her first born daughter in Chicago, Jamell asked her to move to the Bronx with him.

Her family was advising her not to go because she still had a whole life ahead of her, but she was young and in-love so she went and moved with him, they got an apartment, she completed her studies, everything was going good for the two.

They got married a while before having Brooklyn and their lives were happy as ever. Once they started trying for more kids, Asia wasn't able to get pregnant, but once she did she lost the baby which just made her decide to stop trying.

She fell into depression and he went out and had an affair with a co-worker in his office place who ended up getting pregnant with a son Jamell King Jr. Asia felt so betrayed she took her kids and moved to Chicago, she wished she'd listened to her family when they told her not to move in with him.

After going back to Chicago, her and her daughters got an apartment with the money she had stashed away since she met Jamell. About 10 months later she got a good paying job opportunity in Atlanta and that's when they moved there.

"Watch that puttin' yo' hands on me shit, Ian playing witchu" he sternly spoke as he looked down at her.

She was 5'3 while he was 6'2, all his kids got his exact face but Isis got her mother's height. Brooklyn was 5'6 though and 13 year old Jamell Jr was almost 6'0, growing just as fast as his father.

"Get out of my house Jamell, Ian playing witchu either" she responded.

Y'all, ion really like the 3rd person povs but I just wanted to give y'all the backstory on her parents.

If there was something that ain't make sense lmk.