𝑂𝑛𝑒

DISCLAIMER THIS STORY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OTHER CHARACTERS, HARLA IS ONLY FOR THIS BOOK!

( The story mainly stays Harla's pov )

As someone who grew up around a different culture yet grew up in London, I still wasn't entirely convinced on it at the ripe age of 25.

My story begins when I was 25 years old, I was In my prime yet I was deep down over working myself to distract my mind from these sorrowful thought.

In my head then, love just wasn't always a good thing.

You see my family are all Jamaica and My parents loved each other but my grandparents didn't like the other set of grandparents but I'll never know why, not even my parents know, probably some deep rooted reason that's been going on for years, who knows.

My parents were a good inspiration to me, my dad is an engineer who specialises in vehicles and physics, I'm not sure I'm not as smart as that man.

My mother on the other hand was a very strong politician who was also an activist who was quite well known around London.

I helped the family name as well as I was Running my own business which was widely known all across the globe.

We had launched stores across all the continents, countries, counties and all sorts.

Maí lingerie was the ultimate, primal move to improve women empowerment and I had felt so proud of myself as my business ran for years and years until I reached a good age and am sat here retired and happy to see my daughter thriving in her own rights too.

But my story has way more depth to it. Just because I hadn't felt like love was an option for my life.

Until I met JJ Olatunji.

BACK IN TIME

~ where it finally begins ~

I have always been weary about what I do in life and how I can fill it to the fullest as I have a life span of 30ish years and I was 25 and at this point I was counting ten years.

I have a life span of that due to a rare heart condition I have which on the outside such as my appearance it doesn't effect, however it stops me from doing things like clubbing and stuff, also I then have side affects from my meds and shit like that.

I was also single so I had no one to look after me....I'm kidding I'm an independent woman.

But that all sort of changed when I was roaming the towns one day.

I was walking in and out of shops until I got stopped by these 3 guys.

"Hey I was wondering for a bingo game we are playing, are you from the Caribbean as it's a thing to meet a Caribbean person?" They ask in case it sounded rude.

There was a dirty blonde haired boy who was average height with a bit of muscle on him, another boy, a bit tall, he had deep skin and dreads, he was quite handsome, he wore a bandana too. Also another guy who was also kind of tall who was pale with black hair and big beard who was a bit silver in a few spots.

"Um yeah I'm Jamaican." I say giggling nervously as there was a camera.

"What's your name and are you comfortable being on camera?" The handsome one asked.

"Um yeah that's cool and Harla Foster." I say waving at the camera smiling.

"Cool Harla, sick name, I'm JJ, that's Harry and that's Josh." The handsome one said again who I learnt was JJ.

"You single?" He asks jokingly but didn't expect me to answer.

"Yes." I say smirking joking about with him.

"Here's my number." He smiles as he whips out a pen and writes it on my hand and then kisses it as they bid goodbye and walk away.

I felt a bit flustered I can't lie but I had a big smile on my face as I walked home ready to unwind.

I had never really truly been in a relationship as I've never payed any heed to wanting to be in one.

Sure I was called the hot one in school but I always focused on education over boys and I'm happy I did that but now I'm sad as I don't have anyone to give love to.

I've always been told I'm a whole package, I've always been a giver, caring and so much potential. But I have never found someone to give or care for.

I felt something between me and JJ, I can't describe it though...

As soon as I got into my apartment I got changed into a cropped T-shirt and then grey shorts and put a face mask on as I was on my period and had a bit of a breakout and needed some TLC.

I had grabbed a glass of wine and set up my phone and snapped a pic to put on my Instagram.

LIKED BY ksi, bouxavenue, dollskill, Normani and 931,130 others

@TheHarlaFoster ✔︎: wind down time xx

@jadethirwall: what a true qween.
-TheHarlaFoster: all u bby <3

@victoriasecret: goat, boss bitch 🙌💪

@ksi: no way ur the girl we met today!
-TheHarlaFoster: in the flesh, yes ;)

@Fan72882: omg she knows ksi!

@user738: how'd she know JJ

@fan58:omg she knows JJ!!!

LOAD 3,105 OTHER COMMENTS......

@KSI STARTED FOLLOWIMG YOU:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt giddy even just thinking about him. I DONT EVEN KNOW HIM AS WELL.

Maybe this was love at first sight.

That doesn't exist does it?

I'm going mad I swear.

Maybe it was?

Maybe it wasn't?

I'm mad...

Urgh.