14

14

"Thank you." I said before sitting on my seat.

I smiled a bit, freaking awkward. I was avoiding our eye contact while on our way home 'cause he's always asking about the location if it's the correct way or where to go or not and he's a little bit nervous that I don't know why.

We are here now at our gate and the most awkward moment when we're about to bid good bye to each other. I hope no one sees us here, oh please, not even my mom.

I coughed because he didn't say anything when I got out of his car, did he really have nothing to say?

"You're home, and... congrats for your first car by the way, don't drive when drunk and drive safely." He said then smiled to me with his shy face.

"Noted. Thank you again, you may go now." He laughed before starting the car engine and leave.

I waved my hand a little before I went inside the house like nothing happened.

My heart began to pound when I saw mom tapping her feet on the ground in front of the door and seriously watching me.

"What's with that look, Mom?" I asked.

"Wala pang isang linggo may manliligaw ka na, Julie?" My mom raised a brow at me.

I rolled my eyes to her.

What? A suitor? I don't even interact with any of my blockmates in my class and she's assuming that I have a suitor. She knew that the only one I have on my mind 24 hours is my academics and she thinks that I have a damn suitor.

"Of course not, It was a friend at hinatid niya lang ako dito." I explained.

"Make sure that's not gonna stand against your study or else I'll forbid that." Wika niya bago naunang naglakad papasok ng bahay.

"Like I said he is just a friend, mom!" I shouted so she could hear me.

"Julie what's happening?" I heard daddy's voice from the stairs.

"Dad, mom was assuming that I had a suitor." I try to look calmed in front of him.

"I saw you getting someone's car and when I look it was some dude." Mom said while now sitting on the couch holding a the remote of the TV.

"Your car just arrived this afternoon, try it now." He changed the topic before the situation get even worse and get me and my mom into a debate. He handed me the car key.

"Thanks, dad!" I said before I put the keys on my pocket.

"It's fine. Go ahead and check it. You're sweating, are you okay?" He touched my forehead. Marahan kong inalis ang kamay niya. Pinunasan ko naman ang pawis gamit ang kamay.

"I'm all right, maybe I'm just too excited. I'm gonna go check the car," I chuckled before I rushed to the garage.

My eyes light up when I saw a new car parking at the garage.

I fastly start the engine and went inside the car to check it. I feel comfortable and the smell of strawberry. I go out again to open the gate so I could try it outside. It was easy to use and it's small I'm sure I'm getting use to it so early, I was so happy that evening that I stayed up all night.

"You up early Julie." My mom said.

"Yes." I answered, spreading nutella on my bread.