Chapter 17

*Mel's POV*

I bow and then salute the audience. Mainly directed at the dress circle since I know that they are sat there. I smile and run back to join the rest of the cast before we all bow again. I then make my way off stage and see Ollie, who plays Lucas in the show. I hug him.

"Well done Ollie, we smashed it!"

"We certainly did Mel!" He laughs before heading to his dressing room. Suddenly I hear a shout.

"MEL!" Matt practically screams, picking me up and spinning me round.

"MATT! WE DID IT!"

"I KNOW I'M SO PROUD OF US!"

"WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?"

"I DUNNO WE SHOULD STOP!" We both fall about laughing. We reach Matt's dressing room first and he gathers his things that he needs into his backpack before quickly changing out of his suit and wig and into jeans and a leather jacket. I de-wig and take off my makeup. It may look fab on stage but the black lipstick and even paler than I already am face is a bit much for going home in.

When Matt is done we go to my dressing room. I am soon changed and I have all my stuff. All the other actors have left so it is just me and Matt. We make our way over to stage door and open it to step outside but we are met by a bunch of familiar faces.

Matt immediately runs to Emma but I go straight for Harry who picks me up.

"So this is what you were hiding from me Junior?" He asks.

"Um, yes," I reply.

"I'm so proud of you," he grins hugging me tight.

I then go and hug Izzy who congratulates me, and then make my way round the rest of them.

"You realise that Harry didn't know it was you till halfway through Pulled?" Tom laughs.

"Excuse me Tom but you didn't either," Harry retorts.

"We all knew it was you straight away Matt," Dougie laughs slapping him on the back.

"I'd recognise that accent anywhere, so shall we get celebratory drinks?" James asks and the rest of us nod. He and Danny go ahead to the theatre bar and order. We are soon in the foyer of the theatre and I continue chatting to Izzy and Gi. Suddenly I see Carrie and find myself running across the room to her.

"CARRIE!"

"Mel! You were amazing!" She says hugging me.

"I couldn't have done it without you," I smile.

"It's ok, anyway there is someone who wants to see you," she says pointing over my shoulder. I turn around to see Dan. We hug immediatly and I have never been happier to see him.

"You were fabulous Mel," He laughs and pulls away from me slightly and we look into each other's eyes. Holy fudge I like him.

"You think so?" It's strange how I want him to like what I do more than anyone else, even Izzy and Harry.

"I know so," he smirks pulling me into another hug.

"Waiter is here!" Danny laughs as he hands me a coke.

"Where's James?" I ask when I see Danny has a pretty much full tray.

"Oh you know just chatting up the girl at the bar. As you do," he chuckles walking back over to the others with Carrie who has offered to carry some of the glasses.

"You two coming?" She asks me and Dan.

"Yeah, I will," I say turning to Dan, "want to go meet your tween selfs idols?" I laugh.

"Of course, I'll try not to freak out," he chuckles and we make our way over to my family.

"Everyone, this is my friend Dan Howell," I say to them and they all do a general introduction hello.

"Nice to see you again bud," Matt says shaking his hand.

"Enjoy the show did you?" Harry asks.

"Yeah it was great," Dan says looking at his shoes. I sigh internally.

Carrie starts to engage Dan in conversation so it isn't too awkward and soon we are all chatting away. I realise I have finished my drink so decide to go to the bar to get another.

James is still stood there, talking away to a girl who looks about 3 or 4 years older than me. James looks completely in awe. That little sweetheart.

"So yeah if you maybe want to go for a drink sometime?" James says.

"That would be lovely," she says with a smile. Nice one James.

"Oh can I help you?" She asks realising I am stood here.

"Yeah I'll have a coke thanks," I smile. James gives me a slight look.

"How long were you stood there?" He mutters.

"Not long, but heard you ask her out," I smirk.

"Well please don't tell the lads, not yet anyway," he practically pleads causing me to laugh.

"Don't worry I won't,"

I spend another good 20 minutes with James and the bar girl. I learn she is called Beth, goes to drama school and is trying to make it. I also learnt that the pair of them fancy the pants off each other. Not that they said that.

*Dan's POV* (whoop!)

I find that I am stood talking to Dougie Poynter and Harry Judd. What? Since when was I this cool?

Eventually Dougie strays off to go talk to other people so I am left alone with Harry.

Aka Melody's Dad.

"So Dan, how did you and Mel meet?" He quizzes.

"Oh well, Carrie sort of introduced us once, and then we bumped each other one day, quite literally" I say remembering that day well.

"Oh right. Now this might sound a bit weird, but are the two of you going out?" He says, and I can sense a protectiveness immediately.

"Oh, um, no we aren't but. Ireallylikeherandwanttoaskherout," I splurge. Did I really just tell the girl I like's Dad that I fancy her?

Yes Dan. Yes you did. Applause for you.

"Oh really," he says quietly.

"Sorry I shouldn't have said that," I quickly try and recover.

"No. No, it's fine. I just kind of didn't expect it. You see I thought you were and kind of hated you but now I've met you and your alright. I'm just kind of protective of her, you know? But your a good kid, I can tell. But I swear, hurt her, and you won't just have to deal with me, which would be bad enough. I also have an army of band mates. But I trust you."

-------------------------

A/N

Hope you enjoyed that! I finished writing it at 1am so that was fun.

Just want to say thank you all for reading and commenting so often it means a lot.

Anyway till next time :)