Chapter 22 (The Final Chapter)

A clean smell fills my nose. And by clean I mean bleach and disinfectant. It sends pain rushing to my head. And practically all over my body.

But maybe that pain isn't to do with the cleaning products. I can't really tell.

My eyes ache with being shut but it hurts to open them. I struggle for a while, trying to force them open. Eventually I manage it and I am staring at a pure white ceiling.

I can't move a muscle, it hurts to do so. I try to move my head or eyes, just to get a better look at the room I'm in but it is no use. All I want is to see where I am.

Eventually I regain looking control, and I scan the room. It is all very white and clean. There are large windows with blue curtains covering them but I can see shapes, bodies, moving behind them.

I am covered by a white bed sheet, completely pure. Only my head, arms and upper torso are not covered. I can feel something and look down towards my right hand. There, holding it, is my dad.

"Harry," I manage to get out, and he looks up.

"Mel, oh my god you're awake!"

"Why, how long was I asleep? Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital Junior. You have been for 3 months. And you've been out cold the entire time."

"What? Why?"

"The reason why you are with me. The people who killed your parents, they tried to take you from us. But you were too good for them. You ran away from them, said no. They tried to catch you, and you ran across a street to get away from them. That's when you got hit."

All the memories flood back to me now. I remember each tiny little detail.

"I'm going to text Izzy and tell her you're alright. None of them are here, I told them to all go home. I'm so happy you're awake Mel."

I smile slightly. They all wanted to be here if Harry had to tell them to go home. I'm lucky to have such a loving family.

"Ok done," he says putting his phone back in his pocket, "anyway I better go and tell a doctor you're awake," he says rushing out the room.

Two months later I am home and well. I've put the weight I lost from being on a drip for three months and all my wounds have healed over. I'm sad I only got to do the Addams Family for two months, but the fact I got to do it at all is incredible.

Since I've got home the whole band have waited on me hand and foot. It has been fabulous. I even convinced Dougie to give me a pedicure at one point. That was a high point.

I've also spent rest time learning new stuff. I can't stand doing nothing. I've improved my guitar and ukulele, learned bass, sang a lot and watched back to the future a lot.

In fact I couldn't count how many times I've watched back to the future.

I've also become close to James' girlfriend Beth. She's lovely and we get on so well. She's like a big sister to me and she's helped me a lot. We constantly discuss acting, she's had some auditions but nothing yet. However we are planning on auditioning together soon.

Currently though, I am sat at my dressing table doing my makeup. The boys and McGirls are all coming round for dinner, as well as Dan, Carrie, Beth and Buzz.

I finally finish and choose my outfit. I go for a black skater dress with a white collar. It's a lot like my Wednesday dress but without sleeves. I make my way downstairs and decide to set the table. See, I'm a helpful daughter.

Soon everyone is here and we are all sat round the dining table. Where Harry found one big enough I don't know.

I'm sat between Dan and Danny which obviously is hilarious.

"Ok so before we eat I just wanted to say something," Harry says standing up.

"You're standing up Harry? Jeez this must be important,"

"Shush Tom, I'm standing too," Izzy laughs.

"Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," Harry says shooting a look at James, "we all know we are here to celebrate the Holy Trinity of birthdays, Danny Jones, Buzz Fletcher and Melody Judd."

Myself and Danny cheer at that. I can't quite believe it's been a year since my sixteenth. That means a year since Davros and a year since I was asked to go on tour. Time flies eh? Well it does when you are in a coma for 3 months.

"But there is another reason as to why we have you all together. Izzy and I have some big news,"

"Please don't tell me you're adopting again. It was a terrible idea the first time," Dougie states and I stick my tongue out at him, and he does the same back.

"No we aren't Dougie," Izzy says, shutting the man child up, "however, I am pregnant."

"You what?!" I shout. I'm going to have a little brother or sister. HOLY FUDGE MONKEYS.

"Yeah, that's a thing," Harry says to the table of stunned faces. I run and hug them both. I can't believe this. There's going to be another Judd.

When the whole congratulations does down Dan stands up beside me.

"There's something I would like to say too,"

"Please don't propose otherwise things are going to be real cheesy round here," Matt laughs.

"No I'm not proposing but I do have news."

"You're pregnant,"

"James!" Beth shouts whacking his arm.

"Sorry,"

"If I could continue. Well, basically I've been offered a job and I'm going to take it. But the problem is, its in America. I'm leaving."

"You're leaving?" I ask.

"It will be ok Mel. You've got the most loving family I've ever seen around you. You'll be ok without me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's the end of Adopted By McBusted, it's been one hell of a ride guys!

I am going to be revisiting Mel and the gang in a sequel as I can't leave them behind, but it won't be for a while yet as I want to plan it out.

However keep this story in your library's as I will post updates as chapters here.

I would also like to thank you all for reading. This has been my most successful story so far with nearly 25k reads at the time of writing this. You've all given me confidence with my writing and I can't thank you enough.

Other things? Well I've already mentioned the sequel but I am planning on other things. I want to continue with Just At That Moment so hopefully that will be off hold soon. I also want to do McBusted preferences/imagines if that is something you guys would be interested in.

I'm also planning a Pentatonix fanfiction and a couple of completely unique stories (ie no fandom or band).

I was also thinking of doing a second character interview for this story but see the next part for that!

So yeah, thank you all for reading for all this time. I love you all.

See you next time!