Chapter 19

*Mel's POV*

"So Charlie, what did you want to talk about?" James says taking a sip of coffee. We were in between shows and sat in Costa. On extremely comfy bean bags may I add.

"Well I decided to move house recently. In fact I moved in two days ago," he begins but Matt cuts him off.

"Please don't make us come round and paint for you again," he whines.

"No, no, basically the house hasn't had anyone living there for 11 years,"

"Is that not creepy?" James asks.

"Boys! Stop butting in and let him finish!"

"Thanks Mel. So I go into the house and then I hear the post come through. The house has one of those tray things for post but it's practically overflowing. So I get out all the letters and start to look through them. They are all addressed to the same couple and have the same marking on the envelope," he reaches into his bag and pulls one of these envelopes out. He slides it across the table and I pick it up. A small gasp escapes my lips when I see the address

Mr and Mrs Longed

17 Newman Drive

Frauten

England

I stare down in shock.

"You've moved into my old house?" I say quietly. Charlie nods.

"So is that why we have had this mini reunion?" Matt asks.

"No. Well, yes in a sense but there's something else. Melody, I think you should read the letter." I slowly turn the envelope over and pull the letter out. I unfold it and start to read.

Dear Mr and Mrs Longed,

I have had quite enough now. I feel that we have warned you enough times.

No one else has ever disobeyed our orders for ten years. In fact you are a record.

We are fast approaching the 11th anniversary of our first letter to you about your daughter Melody but nothing has happened. Why?

We asked for Melody to attend our course but you did not comply. You should know that the course is mandatory.

Not only that but it is highly beneficial. The people we take are often below ten years old but we are willing to make the exception for Melody.

We only want what is best for your daughter. This program is beneficial to all.

Yes it may mean you will not see your daughter for several months and we understand that. It may be hard but you will have a better child at the end of it.

We have had enough of knocking on your door so we would like Melody to come to our head office. This way we will be able to discuss the options.

If this does not occur I am saddened to say that our search will begin again.

Melody will come to our course. You have no say in this.

Yours Sincerely

Carl Bexley
Sovereign Regulation Group

I have to hold in the shock. These people are sending mail to my parents, my dead parents, demanding that they have me.

Is this why I had to run? Was it really my fault all along?

No it's this groups fault. They demanded to take me and I didn't go so they killed my parents.

But why didn't my parent just send me?

What am I talking about? Of course they were trying to protect me.

The thoughts spin round in my head to the point where I have to stare at my mug to stop the room spinning all around me.

"Erm, Mel? Are you ok? You look a bit faint," I hear James' calming voice. I don't look up, just hand the letter to them. They read it quickly and I can hear Matt's breath quicken.

"I don't know what to say," James mutters.

"I was thinking about it. It reminds me of them people that were taking kids and if they came back they were really shaken,"

"Charlie, I think this is the same thing,"

"Oh. You think?"

"Yeah."

I manage to look up to see Matt staring at his hands. I know he is thinking about something, hard.

"What is it Matt?" I ask cautiously.

"Mel, do you remember, the night after the Graham Norton show? When you had a nightmare?" Charlie and James look instantly puzzled.

"Erm, yes, how did you know about it?" I ask.

"Harry rang me at 6am. He didn't say much. But basically, the just was that he thought something I told him about was actually,"

"Matt you're not making any sense."

Suddenly he turns to the other two.

"Do you two remember on our last tour? It was one of the last shows we did. We went out to the tour bus and saw that girl lying on the floor,"

"Oh yeah. I remember that. Why is it relevant?" James asks.

"Me and Harry, we think that it might have been Mel," my jaw drops.

"What? Why?"

"Harry rang me after your nightmare. I'd told him the story a couple of weeks before, and when you told him about what happened to you, everything seemed to much of a coincidence." Matt explains.

"So, it was you three? You three took me to that care home?" I ask quietly.

"I guess so," James responds just as quiet.

I can't believe it. They took me to the care home, they didn't even know me. They are part of the reason I have Harry and Izzy now.

My mind flits back to the letter. If it weren't for these people, I wouldn't have gone through everything in my life.

I wouldn't have been an orphan sat crying in a care home.

But I wouldn't have played the O2 arena.

In order for them to kill my parents it must be something big.

And I want to know.

"I'm going."

"What?"

"I'm going. I'm going to that HQ,"

"Mel that's not the best idea."

"Yes it is. I need to know why all of this happened. I need answers."

"Do you want us to come with you? Or to call Harry and Izzy?"

"No. I'm going to do this myself."

-------------------

A/N

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a bit longer for the update but I have my AS levels this year so my updates might not be as frequent over the next two months.

However, HOLY FUDGE 20,000 READS!

You guys blow me away constantly and I can't explain how thankful I am to you all for reading, voting and commenting.

Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Till next time,