Chapter 14

*Harry's POV*

It's been two weeks since I heard Mel talking on the phone to this Dan guy and I'm still none the wiser. She is hardly ever at home, always going out shopping or whatever. It's getting weird. I'm assuming this Dan guy is her boyfriend. Why can't she just tell me if he is? I wouldn't mind then.

It's 11pm, Izzy is in bed as usual but Mel still isn't back. I don't get how she can be so calm about this. Suddenly I hear the door creak and I hide behind the kitchen door. Mel quickly and quietly goes upstairs and goes to her room. Wow she's good. If I hadn't heard the door I wouldn't even know she was back.

I creep up to bed but Mel's light is off and I can't hear any noise coming from her room. Therefore, I just go to sleep. There's always the morning.

*Melody's POV*

I wake up and rub my eyes. I'm so tired lately. Well I have been waking up early, going to bed late and doing loads during the day. It's hard to juggle all of this and not tell Harry and Izzy exactly what I'm doing. I tell them I'm spending time with Carrie, which is strictly true, most of the time. But soon it won't be. Ah well, it should be ok in the end, shouldn't it?

I crawl out of bed and make my way downstairs to grab a coffee. I really need it. Today is my first day where I can actually relax in about 2 weeks, so I plan on spending it with Harry and Izzy. I don't know what they are actually doing today but thats why I need this, I barely get to see them anymore.

It's hard on me, but its potentially even worse for them. At least I know why. They don't. It's for the best that I don't tell them. I know it would be nice if they knew but it's better this way.

I pull my phone out and text Dan, just to say hey. He's been keeping me sane through all of this. Which is extremely useful.

I sit at the breakfast bar waiting for Harry and Izzy to wake up. I don't have to wait long for Harry. He trudged downstairs in a pair of jogging bottoms and no shirt, his hair wild. He makes himself a coffee before speaking, which is weird. He almost seems slightly twitchy.

"Morning Mel,"

"Morning Harry,"

"So where are you galavanting off to today?"

"Nowhere actually. Thought I would spend the day with you two,"

"Well that's a first,"

"Yeah, sorry," I mutter staring down at my drink. Way to go Harry, just make me feel even more guilty.

"So what were your plans for the day?" I ask after a few seconds trying to break the silence.

"Well I don't plan much nowadays. just incase," your milking this way too much Harry.

"Look I'm sorry, it's just Carrie's been helping me out that's all," I try to recover myself with.

"With what? What on earth is Carrie helping you with that you can't tell your dad?" He snaps. I am lost for words. I wasn't expecting that.

"I. I can't tell you."

"Well it doesn't matter. I assume I know anyway," he says walking away from the kitchen.

"What?!" I jump off my seat. He can't know. He just can't. That ruins everything.

"Of course I know. Don't think I can't hear you talking all night on your phone. All you care about nowadays is this Dan guy, why can't you just TALK TO ME?" He raises his voice to a shout now. Then right in cue, my phone rings, blaring out my busted ringtone. I pull it out of my pocket. Dan.

"I need to take this," I mutter, turning to walk out the room.

"No you don't ," Harry says, grabbing my phone and declining the call.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" I shout, angry now. He cannot do this.

"BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME, NOR SPEND ANY TIME WITH ME. YOUR JUST RUNNING ROUND IN YOUR SECRET WORLD WITH THIS DAN AND IT NEEDS TO STOP NOW!"

"You cannot stop me doing anything! It's my life I should be able to do what I want."

"Well I'm your dad! I can. It's my job to protect you!"

"But your not though are you! You're not my dad, I have no clue where he is! If I did I wouldn't have you!"

"RIGHT THAT'S IT YOU ARE GROUNDED!"

"WHAT?!" No I can't be grounded. I just physically can't. That's the one thing I need not happen.

"You heard me. Grounded. For two weeks." You've got to be joking.

"Please Harry please anything,"

"No I've made up my mind. And count yourself lucky it is only two weeks," he says walking out the room and upstairs.

I pick up my phone which has been disgarded on the floor and dial the number I want. After a few rings they pick up.

"Mel, what is it?"

"Matt, I need your help."

-----------------------------

Authors note

I'm back! Sorry this chapter is quite short (and has taken forever) but that is part of the reason why I haven't updated, as I've struggled with writers block. I usually aim for 2000 words a chapter and this is only about 850 but what I have decided to do is to write shorter chapters so hopefully I will update more often.

Also, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 10,000 READS! I never thought this would happen and I can't get over it! Thank you South for reading and also seeming to enjoy my work!

I really want to do something to celebrate, maybe a competition? I'm not sure, if you have any ideas let me know in the comments.

Anyway thank you so much again! Love you all!