Chapter 13

I practically run to the dressing room with Leanne and she throws clothes at me. Looks like I don't have long tonight.

We are in the London O2 arena (did I really just say that?) and the second support act aren't performing tonight for some reason, so I have to speedy Gonzalez get ready for my bit in the show. Oh and Carrie is watching tonight with a load of her YouTube friends.

No pressure then.

I throw off my galaxy patterned dress and pull on the ripped black skinny jeans, red shirt and black and white tie Matt got me for my birthday. I slide my converse on my feet and tie them up before grabbing Davros (yes I named my guitar Davros).

I run to the side of the stage where the boys are already rocking out. The crowd is going absolutely mental for them, the OMFG zone is literally reaching for them.

I watch them play a couple of songs while sound people are attaching my radio mike and when they start to play Nerdy I get into my position. I'm behind Harry, on the platform where the DeLorean was sat. It's been moved now to make space for me.

After the second chorus, they don't go into the break and Doug talks into the microphone.

"Guys can you hear something?"

"I can actually,"

"What is it?"

"No idea, but come on get on with the song,"

They sing the next couple of lines and I run to the platform behind Harry.

"Just because your nerdy and your friends are thirty doesn't mean she won't swing your way!" I sing and the crowd goes absolutely mental.

I sing the next line while walking down the ramp and playing the chords on Davros. When I reach the stage all the boys are jumping about, except Harry for obvious reasons. The song finishes and then Harry speaks into his microphone.

"Erm, Mel, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at home, studying,"

"Thought I would come see this lovely lot again!"

"Wait again? I need words with Izzy..."

"Oh just get on with it!" And they start to play the opening chords to Transylvania. The audience go insane for Dougie singing the chorus as always. When the song finishes, they all run off stage except James and myself.

"Erm, where did they go?" I ask.

"I don't know. Shall we just entertain these then?"

"Sounds like a plan, what shall we sing?"

"Well normall this would be the part where I would say Who's David, but in honour of Miss Carrie Hope Fletcher being here, I'm thinking a little bit of Les Mis," There is a massive cheer at Carrie's name and I laugh as James starts to play the opening notes to little fall of rain. I sing Eponine and he sings Marius and the audience is completely silent. I take this as a good thing as when James sings the final note they erupt into applause. With that the rest of the boys come back on stage.

"There you are James! We've been looking for you!"

"Guy's I can't stay long, one more song with me maybe?" I ask and they all nod and we all begin to play Shine a Light. James and Dougie both wink at me. They haven't attempted the backflips yet, they wanted to wait till the O2. As the song goes into the bridge and Danny starts to sing slowly, the three of us pass our guitars to stage hands and then run up the ramps. I stand in front of Harry.

"If anybody sees her..."

And the three of us flip in unison. The crowd goes mental. When the song finishes I bow and salute before running off stage.