Kayce's gone

Age 20 A/N this one only has one chapter

I woke up in a cold bed. Rip was not in the spot he normally was in. No lights were on in the house. Letting me he went out.  I looked at the alarm clock. It read 2 in the morning. I pulled the covers colder to my naked body. I tried to fall back to sleep but I couldn't. So I stayed up and waited for Rip.

Around 3:30 I heard the front door open. It want to long before the bed room door opened. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Jesus Carly." He said. I knew I had scared him a bit.

"Sorry. Now what's going on?"

"Kayce got Monica pregnant and he asked her to marry him. She said yes. He told your dad and your dad branded him."

"What? I got to go see him." I said as I moved the covers away from me.

"Carly it's almost 4 in the morning you can see him tomorrow." He said gently pushing me back in bed as he let out a yawn.

"Ok." I said as my head hit the pillow. As soon as it did I was out like a light.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed. Rip was already gone. I didn't bother eatting breakfast knowing I could get something from Gator. I raced over to the house. I knew Kayce would more then likely  still be asleep so I went right up to his bedroom. I stood outside the door and knocked. There we am I answer. So I knocked again. Nothing.

I decided just to go in. I turned the handle and opened the door. The room was empty. It looked like Kayce had never even lived here. Everything was gone. "What the hell?" The dresser drawers were open and empty. The only thing in the room was a white envolpe on his bed. I went and sat on the bed. In Kayce's messing hand writing was my name on the front of the envolpe. I picked it up and opened it. A letter fell out.

Dear Carly,
I'm sorry I left with out a goodbye. I will miss you. Dad branded me last night. I know it's your dream to stay here but it sure as hell ain't mine. Dad said to leave so I did. Take care of your self.
Kayce

I dropped the letter in my lap. He left? Anger consumed me. I threw the letter across the room. I stomped down the stairs and out of the house into barn. I saddled up a ranch horse. I mounted him and rode to the river. I sat on a lot and let myself cry. I heard hoof coming towards me. I didn't lift my head. I could guess it was Rip. Rip's boot came and sat by me. He pulled me to him. I cried into his shoulder.

"He left me Rip. Didn't even say good bye. He won't even take my calls. I even tried Monica. None of them will answer." My voice creaked. "Am I that bad of a person?" I finally meet Rip's eyes.

"No hon no. He just can't see what's in front of him. Don't let him do this to you. He ain't worth your tears." I could tell that Rip was pissed. But he was trying to control it for me. I nodded. We sat there for a while before we went home.