Long Black Train part 2

I yawned as me and Rip headed out of the barn. "You look tired darlin." Rip commented.

"I am. Tonight's going to be an early night for me. I guess I won't be able to watch the news with you tonight." I said teasing him. He chuckled and threw his arm around me pulling me closer to him. The mood was ruined when Kayce came running up to us.

"I need a horse." Kayce demanded. I looked at him funny.

"Why?" I asked.

"Dad and Tate aren't back yet. I need to make sure there ok."

"Take that damn stallion." Rip said in a hard tone. Kayce nodded and ran off. Rip was not a big fan of Kayce especially since he left me with out a good bye or explaining. I was slowly forgiving Kayce but Rip was different story. I grabbed Rip's hand and intwined our fingers as we walked out of the barn towards the house. Or at least tried to walk to the house.

As we walked out of the barn we heard fighting. We both raced around the corner to see that Fred had Jimmy pin to the ground and was beating the crap out of him. Rip went and threw Fred off of Jimmy. He then starting beating the shit out of Fred.

I went over to Jimmy. With Llody' s help we got him off the ground.

"What's the rule about fighting Fred!? You wanna fight somebody you come fight me! I'll fight you all goddamn day!"

"I'm the one that started it. It wasn't him it was me!" Jimmy said. I looked over at him in surprise. Rip came over and pulled Jimmy shirt down to show the brand. By now all the wranglers had gathered around.

"You see this? You kniw what that means? Means don't fucking touch Fred! Don't fucking touch! Now you guys go get supper. Get out of here." He said getting rid of the other wranglers. Ryan and Colby were the last to leave. I nodded my head towards the bunk house telling them it was ok.

"I didn't start it. He said it." Fred said trying to get out of this. Good luck with that. If Rip was one thing it was that he was loyal as fuck. That is one of many things I loved about him.

"If you ever hit a branded man again I'll kill you Fred." Rip turned so that he was looking at Jimmy. "These guys just work here, Jimmy. You'll see thousands of them come and go. But not us. We die here. This is your family. We're your family. All right? Jimmy's no longer cleaning stalls Fred. That's your job."

"No! No I ain't cleaning out no god damn stalls." Rip face turned harder then it already was.

"Lloyd. Give this man his week wages and get this piece of shit off the ranch." Lloyd nodded and him plus Fred left. "They come and go Jimmy but not us."

"I gotta wash up."

"No. You go have your supper and make them look at you." Jimmy looked over to me. I nodded at him telling him to go do as he was told. He lefted limping a little bit.

"Well that was eventful." I said.

"That no good son of a bitch." Rip said as he kicked the dust.

"He's gone now. Don't have to worry about him now." I said as I squeezed his hand. His hands found there way to my cheeks and pulled me to his lips. The kiss was hard and passionate. My heart was beating fast as he pulled away. He then pecked my lips a couple of times. They were sweet and loving.

"Why don't you go up to the house. I know your tired. I'll be up soon I got to go talk to your dad." I nodded and headed up to the house. 

When Rip came in to the house I was reading a book. He looked more  relaxed then I had last seen him.

"Kayce must have found them." I said as I looked at the time seeing it had been an hour and a half since I had gotten into the house.

"Yep. Both of them are ok."

"Good I'm glad. Are you ok?"

"Ya I'm fine."

"Ok well diner is on the stove."