Daybreak part 1

A/N So here is where the episodes start. I just thought it would be nice to have some back ground about Carly and where she fits in with in the family. Anyway enjoy!

Looking up was a blue sky with just a couple of clouds here and there. I turned  my head to watch the girl that was before me.

"16.7 is the time for Mia." That's was a fast time. Star and I would have to be  perfect and fast to beat that time. "Next up Carly Dutton on her horse Star Dust In The Galaxy."

Star pracned in the alleyway. I let her go when we were almost there. We raced around the barrels. As we raced home I felt like we were flying.

"Time for Carly is 16.5." I rubbed Stars neck telling her go job. I ended up winning. I was thankful the rodeo was only an hour away from the ranch and it had been a moring one. After taking care of Star I went to the main house. As I walked into the living room I noticed my dad on the couch bleeding.

"Dad are you ok?" I went into the kitchen and wetter down a towel. I then went back over to him. I applied the towel to the bleeding area.

"What happened?"

"Got in a car wreak." I sighed. I knew he was traveling with his favorite horse.

"The horse?" He nodded his head no  telling me the horse had survived.

"I'm sorry." I removed the towel to look at the cut. "This is going need stiches."

"I need you to call Beth and ask if she knows anything about this." He said ignoring what I had just said. He gave me a paper. I looked down and read Paradise Valley.

"What about your stitches?"

"I'll do it." I nodded my head and headed up to my old bed room. I sat on the window seat and diled Beth's number. She picked up in the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey sis."

"Carly! It's good to hear from you. How everything going?"

"Pretty good. But do you know anything about Paradise Valley?"

"Hum. Sounds like there building something."

"It says Dan Jenkins. He a threat?"

"No. Give me a moment." She said the last part to somebody else. "I'll look in to it. Talk to you later."

"Ok thanks. Have fun kicking people's ass!" I heard her chuckle before hanging up. I walked back down stairs and out the door. I saw Lee walking towards dad and Jamie. I waved at him. He waved back. I made my way to the barn. Rip was saddling his horse.

"What ya doing?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Going to go check cows. Want to come?"

"Sure." I went and saddle up a ranch horse. Soon we were heading out in the field. As we rode we talked about random things. As we got to the cattle I noticed one down and away from the group.

"Rip." I pointed to the cow. As soon as he saw it we were racing across the field. I flung myself out of the saddle and made my way to the cow. I threw my jacket off and went to help pull the baby.

A little while later the cow was up and licking her calf. Me and Rip sat a little way a way.

"We make such a good team." I told Rip.

"That we do baby." We stayed for a bit longer to make sure everything was ok before we went back to the ranch. Walking up to the Rip's house I felt relived. I had been running around all day and I could wait to get to sleep. I kicked my boots off at the door. I threw in a pizza. I ate then left the rest for Rip. After that I went to bed.

The next morning I felt much better. I woke before Rip and made breakfast. I ate quickly since I had to get to a cattle auction. Once I was there I grabbed my number and headed to the balcony. Once I arrived I only saw Jamie and a bunch of politics.

"Yes that's a great plan, let's have a social gathering at a cattle sale. Great plan." I thought to myself. I rolled my eyes at all of them. As I looked around i calculated the best way to get to the seats with out anybody talking to me.

If Lee was here he would be making fun of me. "Come on bug we got to socialize." He would say. Because he was head livestock agent it meant he had to socialize. As for me I didn't have too and nor did I want to at least with these people. These people thought they were high and mighty. Looking down at the little guys. But Lee would always drag me along. Eventually I would get away from him.

I finally found a path that there was little to no possibly of me getting talked too. I brushed some hair out if my face as I started on that path. As I sat down I let out a breath that I had been holding. After a little girl sang the national anthem the sale started. The first lot was a bunch of heifers. I really liked how they looked and really wanted them. I was focused that I jumped when my dad said hello. I whipped my head to look at him. He had on a tiny smirk. I shook my head at him.

"Are these the ones you liked?" I nodded my head yes.

"Then you know what to do."

"Yes sir." As soon as I said that the governor came and sat down. I almost let out a scoff as I narrowed my eyes at her. I knew they were smitten with each other and I didn't like it. If I didn't like it I could only image what would happen if Beth found out. At the last minute I raised my number to bid. With that the group of cows  were mine.

As I layed in bed ready to sleep for the night Rip got ready to go out. "Where are you going?" I asked as I leaned back on the head board.

"Going to go get a new wrangler." 

"Must be branding him then." Rip nodded and then kissed me.

"Alright have fun. If you need me, I'll be sleeping." Rip chuckled at this as I got under the covers.

"Goodnight darlin." He said as he turned off the lights.