A Monster is Among Us part 2

I was in the kitchen of the main house bitting my lip. Tate stared at me. He had just informed me that he was hungry. I didn't know how to cook for a child. I racked my brain trying to think, but my mind was blank. I was also worried because I had tired to call Rip and he hadn't answerd.

"Why am I over thinking this? We will just to the bunk house and eat."

"Ok Aunt Carly." As we walked over I tried to call Rip again. Still no answer. We got to the bunk house.

"Hang on Tate let me go in first to tell the guys something. I'll call you in, in a minute." He nodded and I walked in.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"Carly!" They greeted.

"I brought Tate over here with me. So no swearing or anything like that. Mainly Ryan." I said calling him out.

"What?! No way in damn hell am I the only one!" I raised my eyebrow at him. He thought for a moment. "Ooo I see."

"Ya." I said with a smile. I went outside and got Tate. "Come on Tate." We sat down at the table. Tate right next to me and on the other side of him was Lloyd. I watched as Tate ate. Only half listing to the bear run in this morning. My finger tapped on the table. I was still waiting for Rip to call me back. I heard the door open making my head snap up to look. Rip's head peeked in. My eyes widen at the sight of him. Just seeing him made my worry go away. My eyebrows jumped up in question. He shook is head no and shut the door. My eyes narrowed with anger.

"Lloyd will you watch Tate please. I'll be right back."

"Sure." I smiled my thanks as I got up. I went out and closed the door behind me. I looked over to the left to see Rip's retreating figure.

"Rip!" I called. He didn't stop. So I sped up into a jog. "Don't fucking ignore me!" I said as I grabbed his arm. Making him stop. He whipped around to face me.  "What's going on?"

"There was two tourist on our land. They were stuck on a cliff. So I threw a rope down. Only the girl could speak English. So I told her I would pull her up first then her boyfriend. But she didn't explain well enough and the boyfriend got on the rope too. I couldn't hold them both." My face soften and I wrapped him in a hug. "Then a bear came after me. So I shot it. I can't get a hold of your dad to see what he wants to do. If we do call the sheriff he'll send up fishing and game. Might try to say I was pouching." I stepped back so that we locked eyes.

"It was self defense. They ain't going to take you away from me. I can't lose you too Rip." My voice creaking at the end a bit. Tears flowed down my face. He pulled me closer and wiped the tears off my face. He then kissed me.

"You ain't going to lose me. Ever."