Amazed

A/N Hi me again! There are two chapters. The first one is called The Girl that won't stop. She is 25 in that one. The next one is Good time buzz. She is 26 in that one. Anyway enjoy!

The Girl that won't stop

I sat anxsely in my saddle. Star was underneath me. She shifted slightly every couple of seconds. With us barrel racing we had gotten enough points and money to be 15th  in the world. Meaning we went to the NFR. It had been a long 10 days. There was some tough competition. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

"And the winner and number one in the world for barrels is Carly Dutton!" My mouth opened in surprise. I had won! A smile broke out on my face. Star  got excited beneath me as I rode her out for a victory lap.

I loaded the truck up the next morning. A shiny new saddle sat in my tack department. A heavy paycheck was in my pocket holding my pants down lucky I had on my new belt buckle to keep it up. Once me and Star was set we started the long trip home.

Once back to the ranch the first thing I did was take care of Star. I was so proud of her. I closed the stall door after I had brushed her and gave her some extra grain. Two arms wrapped around me bringing me closer. "There's my NFR wining girl!"

"Rip! I missed you!" I turned in his arms so that we were face to face. We didn't waste anytime kissing each other.

"Come on everyone's excited to see you." He said as we pulled apart. He laced his finger threw mine as we started towards the house. I had never seen Rip so excited. It was honestly super cute and a side that I never got to see. It was a nice change from his rough side. Witch I also loved too.

As we walked in I got congratulated by everyone. Lee hugged me like I was going to leave. I sat on one of the chairs in the living room nursing a whiskey. There was two people missing from the room. Beth and Kayce. Beth had called me this moring. She was so proud of me.  We had talked for hours as I packed up. Kayce hadn't talked to me since telling me I had a nephew. He would be 4 now.

"You ok bug? You seem to be thinking pretty hard over here."

"Thinking about Kayce." He sat down next to me.

"Hey bug don't worry about him. Think about how awesome it is that you won the NFR. Must people don't get to say that. And how great of a coach I was." I sent him a smile as I rolled my eyes.

"Your right coach." I said with a smile.

The next morning I got up early to go look at some cattle with my dad. I climbed into the truck with him and we were off. "Carly, I'm very proud of you." He said out of the blue. I sat there in shock. Him telling us he was proud of us was not very often or a thing.

"Thanks dad." "I'm also glad your with Rip. I know he'll take care of you. You should have seen excited he was that you won. Never seen him that excited." I smiled. I loved Rip with my whole heart. I could imagine my life with out him.

I shut the water off to the bathtub, and  stepped in. The warm water helping relaxing me. It had been a couple months since the NFR. And I had been really busy working on the ranch and practicing  barrels trying to make in back to NFR. A knock came to the door.

"Come in." I called out knowing it was Rip. He came in and sat down on the counter by the tub.

"Happy Birthday darling."

"What?" I said with a little laugh. It wasn't it my birthday.

"It's your 26th birthday." I thought about what day it was and it was indeed my birthday.

"God it is my birthday." He pulled out a small box. "What's that?"

"Your gift." I tried my hands off on a towel. He handed me the box. I pulled the lid off and inside was a key. I looked up in confusion. "It's a key for my house. It's now your house too."

"Really?" I always thought of it as Rip's house even though I lived here.

"Really baby."

Good time buzz

"Honey you almost ready?" Rip called from down the hall.

"Almost!" I called back as I fixed my earring. I looked at myself in the mirror. My blonde hair hung in waves down my back. My NFR belt buckle was in the middle of my pants. I had some dark jeans and blue shirt and my boots. Me, Rip , Lee, Lloyd, Ryan, Colby were going out to a bar tonight. It was rare for us to go out so I was pretty excited. I slipped my phone into my back pocket. I didn't worry about taking my id since it was in Rip's wallet. I went into the living room where Rip was.

"Wow darling. You look perfect." A blush came over my cheek.

"Thanks." We went and got in his black ram pick up with the brand on the side of it. As he drove I fiddled with the radio finding a country radio station that I liked. Rip pulled into the parking lot and parked by Lee's truck. We all got out and headed to the bar. Rip's finger were tangled with mine. As we opened the door the smell of alcohol and cigarette hit my notes. "

Come on Rip let's dance!" I said as I pulled him out to the floor.

A little while later I was grabbing a drink at the bar. The boys were playing pool a couple feet away from me.

"Hey girl." I turned and looked over my shoulder to see a guy talking to me. The guy wore shorts with a polo. He screamed city slicker. "Were you raised in Tennessee?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Becuase your the only 10 I see." He said finishing his pickup line. I was not impressed.

"Sorry I don't speak dipshit." By this time the bartender had given me my beer. I started back to the boys. Rip looked over and smiled at me. When all of a sudden somebody slapped my ass. Rip saw and was coming over. I sat my beer down on a table. I reeled  around and punched the city slicker. His nose made a crunching noise before he fell to the floor. "Pig!"

I grabbed my beer before I went to Rip. I was filming. Rip pulled me into his side. "Are you ok?"

"I'm pissed. But I don't have a broken nose." He still looked ready to kill the guy. "Rip I took care of it. No need to do any more." He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"Damn! Nice hit bug. You broke his nose!" I laughed as I took a bow.

After that me and Rip were back on the dance floor. We were as close as we could get. My hands were wrapped around his neck and played in his hair. His hands were wrapped around me. Making me feel safe. I sang along softly with the song as Rip swayed with me. I looked up into his brown eyes since his sun glasses were on his hat.

"I love you."

"I love you too darling. Forever and ever." He said quoting the song we were dancing too. Who knew he could be romantic.

"Amen." I finished with a smile.