Kids

A/N Just one chapter this time. Enjoy!

I watched as kids warmed up their horses. The high school rodeo manager asked me to make a appearance to night and give the girls a short speech. It was one of the last rodeos they had before state. I was more then happy to do it. 

I slipped in the pen. "Omg that's Carly Dutton!"

"What's she doing here?"

"She won the NFR."

"I want to be just like her!" They said or whispered as I walked to the middle.

"Hey girls want to come group up over here for a moment?" They all nodded excitedly and grouped up. "Hey girls I'm Carly. I'm here just to give you some advice. I was once where were you. I loved every moment of it. So have fun tonight. I know that cheesy but it's true just have fun. Because in 5 years your not going to rember if you won or lost your going to rember all the fun you had. Some of you are seniors this is the last high school one for y'all. You others still have some times. So go have fun and girls chase your dreams. No matter what anybody else tells you."

I watched as the raced. Many of them could go far. I handed out the belt buckle. I was going to leave but I decided to stay longer. They were going to have little kids run the barrles. One little girl made my heart melt. She could only be about 5 years old. She had on pink boots and hat. The horse she was on was way to big for her. But they worked well together. I watched as her mom cheered. It made me miss my mom.

As I drove home I thought of if me and Rip had kids. The first one would be a boy. He looked exactly like Rip except he had my blue eyes. He would probley do broncs or bulls. Then there was a little girl. She was a perfect blend of the both of us. I knew she would do barrles.

I parked and went inside. Rip was on the couch watching the news. I went over and sat by him. He smiled down at me. I smiled back. "Hey Rip?"

"Yes darlin?"

"Do you think we could have kids in the future?"

"No." He said imminently. My face fell and tears came to my eyes.

"No?"

"No." He said firmly. I got up and walked angrily to the bedroom.

"Where are you going?"

"To bed!" I yelled then slam the door. I slipped into my pjs and sliped under the covers. Why didn't he want kids? I would like some  kids. I've never asked about kids before. I just assumed he would want some with me. We're we not made for each other? These thoughts went around in my head as I cried myself to sleep.

Rip's prov

As she slammed the door to the bedroom the pictures on the wall rattled. Fuck I had really done it this time. I ran my hand down my face. Her asking that was really put of the blue.  Of course I want kids. But I was scared. What if I turned into my dad? That question was always in the back of my brain.

I sighed and turned the tv off. As I headed to the bedroom I turned off lights. In the bed was my angel. I hope that we could talk and I wouldn't lose my angel. The only angel I had. I climbed into bed. Her face was wet with tears. Ya I had really done it this time. I wiped the tears off. I kissed the side of her head for a while before going to bed.

The next morning I found John at the fence. I wanted to ask him a question. "Sir. Do you mind If I ask you a question?"

"No Rip what's on your mind?"

"Did you ever want kids?"

"Hell no. I didn't want kids at all. Pissed her off the first time I said that." He laughed at the memory. "Over time I found that I did want some. It was years later though. I'm glad I changed my mind because I wouldn't have her." He said pointing to where Carly had just beat Ryan and Colby at something. He nodded and left. I had more to think about him. It was pasted noon when I was ready to talk to Carly. I found her, Ryan and Colby in the barn cleaning tack.

"Y'all are sore losers." She told them.

"We are not!"

"You cheated!"

"How in the hell  did I cheat. I won fair and square."

"Carly can I talk to  you?" I asked intrupting their fight.

"I'll be back." She said before she left the barn with me following her. She reached a fence and stopped.

"I'm so sorry Carly."

"Sorry for what?" She snapped at me.

"For not wanting kids. You caughted me off guard with that question. Yes I want kids in the future. But im nervous. What if I end up like my dad? I'm sorry I upsetted you." She came and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her. I knew that she forgave me.

"I'm sorry too Rip. But you will never be like your dad! Ever. I won't let you. Understand?" She said with such fearcness that I didn't dare argue.

"Yes ma'am I understand."

"Good." She said with a smile.