Daybreak part 2

I made my way to the main house humming a song and thinking about how I really wanted some apple juice. "So here's your last chance fancy." I sang lightly as I poured some apple juice in a cup. I shoved the juice back in to the fridge.

"I always rember you singing when you were little. Guess it never changed." A voice said. I yanked my head out of the fridge and looked over to the side. There stood Beth with a smile on her face.

"Beth!" I went over and wrapped her in a hug. Her doing the same thing. I was about three inches taller then her, and my blonde hair was a lighter shade and her's was a strawberry blonde. She looked more like mom and dad. While I looked like my ancestor  Else Dutton. Or at least that's what my dad says.

"How have you been?" I asked as I let go.

"It's been good. How about you?"

"I've been good. Sorry we'll have to catch up later. I've got to go help with bisons."

"Ok see you later." I drank my juice and went outside. I sat on the fence watching the bisons come out.

"How much did them som'biches cost?" Rip asked.

"Weren't chep." Lee replied. I didn't even want to know how much they cost. Out of the corner  of my eye I saw a person playing golf on the other side of your many fences. Dad noticed too because he said he would be back. I watched him get on a horse and race off.

"Any clue what that was about?"

"I think that's Jenkins. I have a feeling there is going to be a war." Both nodded.

Rip leaned against the door frame of our bathroom as I brushed my teeth. "What is Jenkins planing?" Rip asked. I spit, put my brush up and dried my face before I spoke.

"House. A bunch of houses." His face twisted with disgust. I bet mine did too.

"It's not going to be pretty is it?" I shook my head no. I moved so I was standing in front of him. He put his hands on my hips. I shivers at the coldness of them. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We'll get through this."

"You bet your ass we will." I said.

The next morning everybody was in the yard getting their horses ready. I tighten my cinch on a ranch horse we called Rock. I heard a pick up coming up the drive. I looked around. My eyebrows scrunched down. Everybody was here so I wasn't sure who was coming up the drive. The truck park and out got Kayce and who I guessed was my nephew. I sent a glare to my so call twin and got mounted. Rip sat next to me on his horse.

I watched as my dad lifted Tate in to his saddle smiling as he did so. I felt a surge of bitterness go through me. Dad never smiled at us like that. Hell for him to be proud of me I had to win an NFR. I pushed the thoughts aside.

"I've dated women with shorter hair." Lee said as he hugged Kayce.

"You sure they were women?" They both laughed.

"Dated a guy with longer hair." I said quietly. Both Rip and Lee looked at me along with everybody else. Apparently I hadn't said it that quiet. I just shugged my shoulders. "What it was one time." Lee narrowed his eyes at me. "Ok fine. He was doing my homework and I took pity on him." I let out a sheepish smile. Lee and Rip laughed.

"Let's go!" Jamie yelled breaking up Beth's and Kayce's conversation. It was like all my siblings just forgot how he up and left us. Maybe I was different because he is my twin and I never thought he would leave me. Maybe that's why I'm still bitter about it.