Chapter 4: Found

My ass hurts

My ass hurts.

We have been sitting on these hard metal seats, in this cold room for over 4 hours and they haven't told us anything. I run my fingers through Ashytons hair as he sleeps on my lap. It was the only thing calming me down. I knew I had to keep up a nice girl facade until we at least got some answers, but they really weren't making it easy.

The moment we got here they ran our DNA and prints in the system, and the cop from before looked at us somewhat betrayed after seeing our arrest records. When we first went into foster care, we went to two other houses before Lisa and Derrick. One of which where we were separated. In those months apart, we abandoned the idea of laying low and immediately started acting out. We fought, we stole, we vandalized. That's why the two of us and Chris were so happy when Lisa and Derrick took us in. However, the first year we were there, they beat us, and starved us. We were too worried we would be separated to fight back. We had to steal food and money, and start making money fighting to survive.

Now, for the last 3 years, we were keeping a somewhat low profile. Sometimes I took on contracts, Ash raced, we both fought at Caleb's gym. But we couldn't do anything to get on the Russian Mafias radar. We couldn't go back to that compound.

My hand abruptly stops it's passage through Ashytons hair when I hear the door to the room creak open. He snaps his eyes open, and sits up. Ash was a light sleeper. We both were.

The lady walking in looks at us in surprise, probably due to the fact that's we were both glaring at her in annoyance the second she came in.

" Mr and Ms. Willis, please come with me." She turns on her heel, leaving us to follow her down the narrow hallway toward an office. She leaves us as we open the door and walk in, telling us to take a seat. Coming in behind her, is a middle aged man in a police uniform and a shiny badge. The sheriff? Seems a bit excessive for two teenagers.

" Hello kids great news. We found your biological family!"

____________________________________

" You have a meeting with the Italians next week, and uh

" You have a meeting with the Italians next week, and uh...Marissa quit," my second in command, Marco says blankly. But I could see the slight nervousness he had by the shaking of his folded hands.

Marissa was Caspians nanny. The light of my life, my baby boy. As Don I wasn't around as much as I should be, but I still managed to be there for my son. I hired Marisa about a month ago, because I didn't want to make my brothers watch him. The only ones I really trust to take care of him properly is Maverick and Grayson anyway. Grayson practically raised the twins and Dawson, and I know Mav loved kids. Even if he pretended he didn't. While I was the oldest brother, Maverick was third oldest and Grayson was fourth. I had 6 younger brothers, and our missing prince and princess. Aspen and Ashyton Rossi. The younger twins have been lost for 14 years,we have been searching for them ever since.

It wasn't unusual for the nanny's to quit, once they realized the house they were living in they were quick to flee. But it still made me angry. Angry enough to kill the last person who delivered news like this. Hence the reason Marcos hands were shaking. Caspian just deserved better. He deserved to have a womanly figure in his life. Even if it wasn't his mom.

Marco breaths a sigh of relief when my attention is diverted to my ringing cellphone. I shoo him out with my hand before picking it up.

" Hello, is this Dimiri Rossi?" a lady asks, a clicking keyboard and cacophony a voices in the back ground. 

" Yes this is he. How can I help you?"

" Great! I am calling from the Chicago Police Department in regards to Aspen Willis and Ashyton Willis. After consulting their case, I have found that in all of their foster care records no previous DNA test was done to ensure no family was alive. I am calling today to inform you that the DNA test matched another sample in the system, belonging to a Raphael Rossi. Now I see here that he died two years ago, and that you are his next of kin making you next in line to become their legal guardian."

I sat there shocked. My sister. My brother. They were alive. I had hope of course that they were . It was why we continued to look for them. But I had to admit, that at this point I had accepted that them being dead was a possibility. After all this time, it was a miracle. Dad must be in the system from his arrest all those years ago.

" Yes. I will take them into my custody immediately. I'm setting up the necessary paperwork right now with my lawyer, I will be there in a few hours."

"Right, okay. See you soon Mr. Rossi."

I smiled.

" Maverick!" I yelled, " pack a bag, we're going to Chicago."

____________________________________
886 words
Short chapter= Double Update!!! :)

I'm releasing this one early, and the next one on Saturday💕