Chapter 10: First Day

I groan at the sound of my alarm, reaching over Ashyton to grab it off the nightstand

I groan at the sound of my alarm, reaching over Ashyton to grab it off the nightstand. As I cock my arm back to launch it, his arm shoots up and grabs my wrist, before grabbing it with his other hand and turning it off.

"Nice try sis, but I've been up for like a half hour. Have a little optimism, it's our first day," he says enthusiastically. He musters up a bright smile, but I can't help but noticing the shadows in his eyes. We were highly limited in social interaction, especially with rich people. I wouldn't say I was nervous, just wary. We were completely out of our element here, and I don't think everyone knew exactly just how far they were throwing us into the deep end. The highschool we went to for 2 1/2 years was poor, but we understood the people there. They knew not to mess with us, and they didn't play games. No doubt that wasn't the case at Westwood Prep.

I throw the covers off, and shuffle to the bathroom, going through my everyday morning routine. Ash does the same from his side of the sink, though all he did was wash his face and brush his teeth.

Just as I go to pull out some leggings and a sweatshirt from my drawer, he closes the drawer shut.

" What the fuck Ash?"

" You can't wear such casual clothes Aspen, this isn't like before. River told me the people hear dress up for school. The girls even more than the guys." He steers me towards my closet, even as I dig my heels into the floor, refusing to move.

" Absolutely not Ashyton. I already hate school enough, I don't need to be uncomfortable all day too."

" Cmon, just for the first day. I want us to make a good first impression." And just like that he's won. I had to put Ash first, always. If that mean wearing a skirt to school to give him more confidence to make friends, so be it. I had to admit, I'd stick out like a sore thumb if I wore sweatpants, and I knew Ash would be there wearing them with me if I did. Just so I wasn't alone.

An hour later we were dressed and ready to leave. Just grabbing an apple each for breakfast. We weren't used to eating this early in the morning yet. Before, we usually slept in until late, it was rare to go to school early, if at all. What with our jobs being at night.

River gushed over my outfit, and to Ashytons relief, stated that we would fit in just fine. I was wearing a white silk two piece, skirt and shirt with short heels, and Ash was wearing a sweater and corduroy pants with his Nike Blazers.

 I was wearing a white silk two piece, skirt and shirt with short heels, and Ash was wearing a sweater and corduroy pants with his Nike Blazers