Chapter 13: Sadist

His screams made my flesh flush in pleasure

His screams made my flesh flush in pleasure. My teeth felt sharp. Like daggers. Tempting. So tempting. To take a bite.

I wasn't a cannibal. No. But I could enjoy the act of tearing into his neck. This desire, I had felt before. Triggered by the scent of his fear.

I removed the knife buried deep within his thigh watching his blood rapidly pool onto the stone beneath him. Leaning forward, I succumbed, dragging the edges of my teeth along his beating pulse. The taste of his salty sweat only encouraged me, his screams dying down into escalating breaths and whimpers. I smile into his neck, pressing my teeth in. In deep. Deep enough to leave a mark. His whole body began shaking, his arms continued to yank against their binds, but to no avail.

" You are nothing. A weak weak man. Not even a man. A boy playing dress up. Forcing himself onto women, because it's the only way he will ever have any semblance of power," I whisper lowly into his ear, chuckling when his muscles tense in anger. I stand back up straight, examining once again, who my brother has sent me to kill. He was younger than he looked. 36. But he looked 50. He was balding quite extremely, with a protruding beer belly. Tall enough to overpower. All Ash told me was that he deserved it.

That was all it took to warrant his death.

By this point. Along with the damage Ash must've already inflicted. Dan Mathews was one fucked up looking bitch. The goal was for him to become unrecognizable. Easy enough.

He was now rasping out. Begging. Just begging for death. God how I enjoyed it. Standing over him, as blood red tears leaked from his crushed eyes, his tongue so mangled. Just shredded to pieces. He had no strength to even sit up straight anymore, just looked up to the ceiling, boneless, begging, in ineligible words.

But there would be no mercy. There would never be mercy.

All I did was walk out. Leaving him to choke on his last breaths alone. And per usual. It was the best feeling one could ever describe.

___________________________________

My hands were still stained red. My clothes, though all black, were quite obviously soaked through.

Still I found no need to enter the house any way other than the front door. My heeled boots clicked on the tile floors, announcing my arrival.

My siblings had gathered in the living room, talking in raised voices, with pacing feet. As I turned the corner to enter, they grew silent. I couldn't help but smile on the inside, as their eyes wandered my clothes, taking note of the aura of danger that seemingly hadn't shaken off yet from my kill.

" Aspen. Where have you been?" Maverick asked cautiously. Even though he asked, I looked at Dimiri when I answered. Dimri, who was comfortably seated on the sofa, one leg leisurely propped up on the other.