Chapter 6: Nice to Meet You

2 hours later we finally land in New York

2 hours later we finally land in New York. The plane ride mostly consisted of Maverick asking us questions, the both of us consistently shutting it down. We couldn't just give him our life story. Though I could tell Ash was already getting slightly used to this new family, I was not. While I was glad to hear that we weren't sold off to the Russian Mafia, and knowing that we were being looked for. It's the bare minimum. It's going to take a lot more than that to open up. Azazel mostly just stayed in the back of the plane 'painting' he said, and Dimiri worked on his computer the whole time except for a few times he joined in to ask questions. However it was like he didn't know quite how to ask, so he ended up abandoning the idea quickly. Though they did admit after Azazels little show, that they are indeed the Italian -American mafia, which was not surprising since we already knew. But I was actually grateful they were being transparent.

As we exit the plane 2 black SUVs await us, and surrounding the cars are multiple men and a few women in all black attire and earpieces in their ear. I scrutinize them, taking note of the prominent weapons along their bodies. They either don't care who sees them or it is a intimidation tactic. Dimiri goes up to talk to one of the men while Maverick leads us to one of the cars. Azazel makes his way out of the plane holding a very large canvas, blood all over his body and a sadistic smile on his face. The bodyguards for the most part look surprised and somewhat scared as he comes closer. I realize he's actually headed into my direction, as does everyone else as they shift away. I look at them in confusion, what the hell kind of bodyguards are these to be scared of the person they're guarding? Unless Az doesn't have them...

" Penny! Look what I made with Julian!" He turns over the canvas to show a very bloody picture of someone in a bathtub. Wow.

(Art by Chiharu Shiota)

" This is great Az, you made it for me?"

" Of course, anything for my favorite sister."

" Why did you call me Penny?" I hate that nickname it made me sound...innocent.

" Oh well it's what I used to call you when we were younger." He looked away with a conflicted expression. I don't hate it anymore I think.