Wake up

Peter was supposed to be home by 11 p.m.

That's what Tony Stark thought at 11:10. He knew that he was probably overreacting- because that's what he always does when Peter is concerned- and that the kid was only ten minutes late. But he also knew that Peter had gotten better at following orders ever since the Homecoming fiasco, and that he knew to call or text if something came up on patrol and he couldn't make it on time. But when he checked his phone, he didn't see any new texts from him. The last text was from four hours earlier, to warn him that he was going out as Spider-man.

"Tony," someone called him. He pocketed his phone quickly and looked up, like a deer caught in headlights. "Stop checking your phone, he's fine!" Rhodey scolded him, as he had already done five other times in the span of ten minutes.

"It's not like him," Tony justified himself. "He always texts one of us if he's late." The genius continued. "Maybe his phone is dead," Steve offered as an explanation to the lack of texts from the spider themed hero. "He has the latest Stark phone. That thing lasts a whole week. And besides, he's wearing the suit. He could've warned me through Karen. Wait, Karen!" Tony sat straighter, suddenly remembering the existence of the kid's AI. He looked up at the ceiling. "Friday, can you connect me to Karen?" the inventor asked. "I'm sorry, Boss. I am unable to connect to her." After that, his worry began to increase. "Track his suit!" he ordered as he stood up and called his suit to him, followed right after by Rhodey.

"The suit appears to be damaged, sir, I can't track it. However, I was able to find Peter's phone," the Irish voice said. "Send the location to our suits, FRI." he ordered. He looked at the others and worried faces stared back at him. "Get the med bay ready and call Cho, just in case." He told them, before flying out with his best friend.

The iron duo followed the directions on their holoscreen and landed in a deserted zone of Queens. "What is the kid doing here?" Rhodey asked, looking around at the shady neighborhood. Tony gave him a 'are you really asking that?' look. "He's a crime-fighting spider. Of course he goes to the shadiest parts of the city where there's crime at every hour of the night." Tony said matter-of-factly.

"FRI? Where's the phone and the kid?" the red and gold hero changed the subject, going back to the reason they were there: find the kid. "The phone is right in front of your left foot," Friday answered. They looked down and sure enough the phone was laying next to his foot, screen facing the ground. Tony picked it up, turning it over. He saw the broken glass and a red substance- that looked suspiciously like blood- staining the screen. He tried to turn it on, and it worked. His lock screen – a picture of Peter and him smiling and covered in paint- appeared. He chose to ignore it and unblocked the phone, thankful that the kid had told him his password. iMessage was open, on their chat and he froze: 'Help' was written in the text box, but it was not sent. He looked at Rhodey and his friend put his metal covered hand on his shoulder.

"We'll find him," he reassured him. "He can't be too far." The War Machine commented. They split and started looking in every alley. Why are there so many? Tony thought to himself. Ten minutes passed and Peter was still nowhere to be seen.

"Tony," Rhodey's voice came from his comms. His voice sounded uncertain. "I found him." He said after a few seconds.

Iron man flew to his friend's location, landing at the entry of an alley. The air smelled of a mix of blood and trash. He tentatively took a few steps forward. The alley was dark, but his night vision allowed him to see as if it was daytime. And what he saw made his heart almost jump out of his chest. He kneeled next to Rhodey, taking the kid from him. He held him in his arms, being careful of his wounds. He scanned his body with his eyes: the suit was covered in blood. His mask was off, clutched in his right hand. His arm was at an odd angle, clearly broken and his left leg was in the same state. There were burn marks all over his body but the biggest one was on his abdomen. His curly hair was matted because of the blood and bruises and cuts covered his ghostly face. His brown eyes were closed, and his face was still contorted in pain.