Secrets

Peter was not a good liar. That was what everybody thought. The way he started trembling and he couldn't hold eye contact made it clear that he wasn't telling the truth.

But the thing that nobody knew about him was that he was actually a good liar. A very good one. The amount of lies he told daily was surprisingly high and he became so good at it that he was able to lie about being bad at lying.

But despite the fact that he was very good at it, he didn't really like not telling the truth. In fact, he hated it more than anything else. But he couldn't help it. He had to, if he wanted to protect his loved ones from the bad guys. If he didn't, they would find out who he was and use the people he loved to hurt him. So, he kept lying about his identity, even though, he hated it.

But that was not the only thing he was lying about. There were a few other things that almost nobody knew about. Tony Stark and the Avengers thought that they knew everything about the kid. But they soon learned that they couldn't be anymore wrong.

It was an evening like the others when the first lie was discovered. Peter didn't think too much about what he was doing. He hadn't slept well that night (and the night before) and he was tired. He'd been up doing his homework and then he'd gone to patrol.  So, even if he wanted to, he didn't sleep. School and Spiderman were way more important for him.

So, he didn't think twice before helping Steve and Bucky. He didn't think twice before lifting a 1000 pounds weight that even two super soldiers combined couldn't lift. Peter realized what he had done only when he saw the two soldiers' faces. His eyes widened as he dropped the weight to the ground, probably making a dent on the floor. "How did you... how did you do that?" Steve asked bewildered, mouth wide open in shock. "I have super strength?" Peter said. "How did you think I stopped Bucky's metal arm in Germany?" Peter answered, raising an eyebrow. "I thought it was the suit!" Bucky defended himself and his friend.

"What's happening here, guys? I heard a crash" Tony asked, entering the training room, followed by the rest of the Avengers. "My suit was literally made of spandex. How could that help me?" Peter remarked. "Well, everything's possible nowadays!" Steve commented. "Thank you so much for the attention! I really appreciate it!" Tony rolled his eyes, finally gaining the three Avengers' attention. "Could someone tell us what is going on and why the floor is cracked, please? I would really like to know" Tony asked again. "Somebody here just lifted 1000 pounds like it was nothing," Steve explained. "And then said somebody threw it on the ground" Bucky added.

Everybody but Tony looked with a shocked face at the 'scrawny' kid, who was scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I thought it was the suit!" Sam shouted, voicing everybody's thoughts and Peter rolled his eyes and snorted. "Oh please! He caught a three thousand pounds car when he was wearing just a onesie" Tony laughed. "What?!" Steve now was more surprised than before. "Mr Stark, you're not helping at all" Peter shot a glare at the man, who sent him a flying kiss in response. "Really?" Sam asked. "Why did you think I asked him to help me fight you?" Tony replied.

"Any other super ability you didn't tell us about but that we should know?" Clint spoke for the first time. Peter sighed and walked to the wall, knowing that hiding his abilities didn't make sense anymore. Much to the others' surprise, this time including Tony, he climbed the wall and stood upside down on the ceiling before letting himself fall to the floor and landing safely on his feet. "Don't ask. I don't have an explanation for it" Peter told them before they could even open their mouths.

"Is that all?" Natasha asked. "I have this thing that I call Spider sense that warns me of any upcoming danger. And my senses and metabolism are enhanced" he answered. "And that's it, I think" Peter stated and went away, not giving him the chance to speak.