Soul Stone

Death.
One simple word, formed by just five letters. And yet, it was one of the scariest things that existed in the world. Or at least, for a big part of the population.
Tony Stark was scared of Death. He hated it and he wanted to avoid it with all costs.
He had a wife, a daughter, a best friend. He could not leave them behind.
But with what he did, alas, avoiding it was not that easy.
Death was always behind the corner, ready to take him.
But he managed to survive all the times and slammed the door in Death's face.
Death was the thing Tony disliked the most.
And yet, once again, Death opened the door for him, welcoming him in its house with open arms.
But that time, Tony knew that there wasn't another way to win.
Tony knew that he had to. That he was the one to die if he wanted to save the universe.
So, he looked right at the purple monster's eyes, putting aside all his fears.
And he ignored the pain as he pronounced what were going to be his last words.
"I...am...Iron Man" he said. And he snapped his fingers.
A bright light erupted from where Tony was.
And suddenly, Thanos' army began to disappear, one by one. Thanos being the last to go.
Tony slowly stood up, helping himself with a rock. Then he sat down again against the rocky wall.
He saw Peter, Rhodey, and Pepper approach and slowly, he was surrounded by all the heroes that had fought by his side.
Peter took off his mask, kneeling in front of him.
He barely heard the words that he was saying. "Hey, Mr. Stark. Can you hear me?" The boy said. Yes, I can, he wanted to answer him, but the words remained unspoken. "It's Peter" he whispered. "We won, Mr. Stark, we won. You did it" he told him. The boy was sobbing uncontrollably until Pepper pulled him away. But he could see him staring at him, tears falling down rapidly.
Peter, too, was scared of Death, but what scared him was not the thought of him dying but the thought of losing someone he loved.
And now, he was more than scared, seeing Tony, his mentor, and father figure, die in front of him. And knowing that he couldn't do anything was killing him.
But as he stared at the dying figure of Tony, his eyes fell to the stones. The yellow one in particular. He tried to remember what it was for.
And suddenly it came to him. The Soul Stone. "Mr. Rhodes?" He called for Tony's best friend, who was the nearest to him. His voice was trembling, still affected by the crying session that didn't seem to stop.
"It's a soul for a soul, right?" He questioned once he had caught Rhodey's attention. He wanted to be sure. He couldn't do things wrong. It was his only chance. "Yeah, it is" the man answered without thinking too much about it. His mind was still focused on his best friend, who had now closed his eyes for what he thought that was the last time.
But when he finally understood what the kid had said, he panicked. "Kid, stop. What are you doing?" He shouted to Peter who ignored him and crouched down next to Tony. "Kid, stop!" He repeated. Everyone watched the scene in silence, not knowing Peter's intentions.
But Peter had already managed to take off the Soul Stone from Iron Man's gauntlet. And there was no way that Peter would stop now. Now that he was seconds away from bringing his mentor back to life. He was willing to do anything to save the person who was the closest thing to a father figure that he had.
And to do so, he ignored Rhodey, who was trying desperately to stop the kid by making him drop the stone on the ground. But the kid had a strong grip and even when Captain America, who had now finally understood what the kid wanted to do, the stone remained in the kid's hand.
Peter ignored the pain that the stone caused him, as the willing to save his mentor's life was much stronger than the pain.
So, he closed his eyes and thought about what he wanted. Save him, he thought. Please. He opened his eyes again and saw that the stone was glowing. He felt like he was in a bubble, that blocked most of the sound out of it. He heard people in the distance shout and call his name before everything became black. He felt his eyelids become heavy as he slipped into unconsciousness. And then he fell to the ground. The last thing he heard was a familiar voice speak weakly. And then, he followed Death without complaining, happy to know that he had succeeded. That his mentor was still alive. And it was all thanks to him.
Tony was confused when he opened his eyes again and saw all the avengers surround him. The last thing he remembered was Pepper telling him that he could rest before he fell unconscious.
"What happened?" He croaked out, voice weak. He frowned as his arm started to hurt.
He turned his neck slowly, to not hurt himself more. He noticed Rhodey not too far from him, crouched down next to a body that laid motionless on the ground, still as a rock.
And when he recognized the body, the pain he was in and the fact that he should have been dead were soon forgotten.
He recollected all his remaining strength and made his way next to his best friend. "W-What? W-what happened to him?" He asked, taking in his arms Peter's lifeless body. "He sacrificed himself" Rhodey answered. "To save you" he added. "Why didn't you stop him?" The man stated, anger inevitably taking over. "I-We tried. But he's strong. Stronger than us" he replied. "There must be a way" he whispered angrily. "How did he save me? How did he bring me back?" He said, looking up to his best friend. "He used the Soul Stone" War Machine answered. "Where is it?" He said. "Tony... It's useless" Steve told him. "Why? Why? If he succeeded, why not? It's my son, Rogers. I can't let him die" he yelled. "Tony. It was his choice. Nobody forced him to sacrifice himself. And, Tones, the stone... It's destroyed" the captain admitted, looking down at Peter's hand, where the stone was, broken in millions of pieces. "No, no!" The man screamed. He started sobbing, holding the boy's body close to his chest.
And he kept sobbing, nobody dared to take the body away from him.
And from that moment, Tony's biggest fear was not Death. But the thought of living without the curly-haired boy, who sacrificed himself for him.

I don't know if you like it or not, but I started writing and it came out this :)
Let me know if you liked it, please. I'd really appreciate it.
If you have any requests, please feel free to tell me. I wanna write something but I'm out of ideas :( :(
Question: which country would you like to visit?
I'd like to go to the USA or in Australia.