Father's day

Peter did not like that day. He despised it with all his heart. And it wasn't surprising. The poor boy had no father to celebrate after all. His dad died when he was just six years old. The next thing close to a father figure left him nine years later after being shot. So he had no one to call dad and give a present to.
That was until a certain genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist came into the boy's life, making his way to the teen's heart and soon becoming one of the most important people in his life. Soon becoming the father figure that Peter had missed so much, even if he didn't want to admit it.

Tony Stark didn't like that day either. It reminded him of a dad that never cared for him. That scared him emotionally and physically. And he wanted to do everything to forget about the man that had never believed in him and that had never loved him. So, he decided that the best way to spend that day was locked in his lab, avoiding the rest of the world and everything that reminded him of his father.
He was walking down the halls, pace slow as he dragged his feet towards his lab. He attempted his best to keep his back straight as he opened the door gave him access to his favorite place to be. He plopped himself down on his chair, sighing and picking up the sheets on the desk. Then, he started working in silence, the only noise being the music that played in the background.

Peter, meanwhile, was pacing in his room, a small box in his hands as he tried to decide if he really wanted to give Tony a present. If he did, he was basically telling him that he saw him as a father. Did he really want him to know that? He asked himself. Did he really want to give Tony a present and possibly ruin the relationship they had? Did he really want to risk that? He was just about to hide the present in his drawer as the door was opened, revealing Mr Stark's figure. "Hey, kid. Can you help me?" the older man asked. Peter quickly hid the present behind his back, straightening his back and quickly forcing a smile. "Yeah, sure, Mr Stark, I'll be with you in a minute, I just need to go to the bathroom before" he said quickly. "What are you hiding there, kid?" Tony raised a brow, stepping into the room. "Wha-, what? Why do you think I'm hiding something? I'm not hiding anything!" Peter rambled, stepping back towards the wall. "Maybe the fact that you have your arm behind your back is a hint?" the red and gold hero smirked. "It's nothing Mr Stark, I promise! I was just putting it away" he yelled. "Come on, kid! Show me! If it's nothing, why don't you let me see it?" Tony said. "Because I don't want to! It's embarrassing and I don't want to ruin our relationship!" the kid shouted. "Is it? Is it for me?" the man asked, frowning. Why did the kid buy him a present? "Yes, but I changed my mind so you can go" he stated. "Why did you change your mind?" Tony asked. "Because I don't want to make things awkward between us. I'm happy the way we are. I don't want to change that. So, I think I'll keep the present for myself" he quickly answered. "Wait. Today's Father's day" Tony stated. "Yeah, I know" Peter nodded, looking down. "That means... You bought me a present for Father's day? Do you see me as your father figure, squirt?" he raised an eyebrow. Peter looked like he wanted to be six feet under. "I prefer not to answer that question" he told the man. "No more lab privileges for a month, if you don't answer that question" Tony threatened him. "Yes" Peter whispered and Tony didn't hear that. "I didn't catch that, kid. Can you speak louder? I'm getting older" the hero asked him. "I said yes" Peter spat out, almost like those words burned his tongue. "Yes? Oh, wow. Now can I have my present?" Tony asked, holding out a hand. Peter threw it to him, before storming out of the room. Tony pretended not to notice the kid's face becoming redder than it already was.
He smiled as he looked down at the red and blue box that laid in his hands. He quickly opened it and smiled wider as he saw its content: it was a picture of Peter and him. They were doing silly faces as they held the fake certificate Tony had made to make his fake internship at Stark Tower more believable (I don't know if that sentence makes sense, I'm sorry).
He threw away the paper that Peter had used to cover it and made his way back to his lab where Peter was working on his suit. "Hey, squirt" he called the boy, making him turn around. He noticed that his cheeks were still a bit red. "Thanks for the present. I really love it" he smiled gratefully at him, placing the picture next to Pepper's one as he traced the outlines slightly. "Is it not inappropriate?" Peter asked quietly, looking up at him with his puppy eyes. "No, squirt, it is not inappropriate" he smiled fondly at the kid. "I see you as a son figure too" he admitted, kneeling down in front of his kid. "You don't ever, ever have to be embarrassed about telling me how you feel, okay Pete? Nothing that you say could ever change our relationship or the way  I feel about you, ever. I need you to remember that. You can tell me everything you want and I'll listen to you" he said to the kid that now was smiling too at him. "I'm always here for you, Pete. And I'll always be".
And with that, Tony hugged his kid. A smile painted in his face and maybe that day wasn't that bad, after all.

This is short but I wanted to write some fluff too and not always stories where Peter is either hurt or die, so that's what you get for now. I hope it is enough. Tell me if you liked it and maybe give me some advice too? I'd really appreciate it. I don't have many ideas at the moment, so if you have requests, you're very welcome to ask. Thanks for reading what I write, it really means a lot to me. I put so much effort in what I write and it is difficult for me, not being English, write an entire story in a language I don't speak daily. So please, I would really appreciate if you comment on my stories, telling me if you liked it or not. Sorry if I'm rambling :)
Anyway, thanks again for reading!
I have only two drafts ready to be published and I'm writing two other stories but I'm not even close to finish them and I don't know how to continue :(

Question: favorite subject at school?
Mine is English