CHAPTER 27

I looked around and all I could say was, it was very nice. It used to be beautiful but, now it's even more beautiful. I want to cry but I stop it because I don't want him to know I'm crying just because I saw this place.

"The surroundings here are very nice." I said while still looking around.

"It's good because you liked it, come and follow me and I'll show you something else." he said and then walked away so I followed him.

As I followed him I knew we were going to the bridge but I didn't make it obvious that I knew where to go and I just act like I'm amazed as if I never been here.

"This is the bridge you painted, and that's where we always sit my friend I'm referring to you." he said and he even pointed to where we were sitting then.

"It's nice around here, what time are we leaving?" I asked because I didn't seem to want to leave yet.

"You sound like you don't want to leave here huh? By the way I'll show you something else. Just follow me." he said so I just followed and didn't say a word.

I really don't want to leave... but I need to, because I still need to keep going and I don't want to be locked up in the past again.

"This is the cradle, this is where she always sleeps when she's not doing anything. And when she has a problem here she also sleeps." he said and then sat down on the hammock and seemed to still remember the friend he was referring to.

I smiled when I remembered that I actually slept here when I wasn't doing anything, but because of that smile he looked at me so I immediately turned my face back to seriousness.

"I saw you smile, can I have another one?" he said looking at me and smiling, but I just rolled my eyes and ignored him and just looked at the cradle.

"Would you like to sit here?" he asked me and then stood up for me to sit on the cradle.

At first I shook my head but I didn't do anything when he pushed me to the cradle. I just sat down so he wouldn't force me anymore.

When I was sitting on the cradle, I was stuck for a while because I missed this cradle so much, I couldn't believe it because it was still intact and hadn't been destroyed.

"Is it beautiful there?" he suddenly asked so I looked at him and just nodded and looked around again.

I didn't know what to say so I just looked around.

"We'll leave at about 7 or at sunset, because it's better if we watch the sunset, because then we were still waiting for the sunset so I want to do it again, will you come with me?" He asked, that's why I thought first and then nodded, and because of my nod he smiled.

"Do you want a snack?" he asked so I got up from the cradle and then approached him and I just nodded.

"Do you eat quail? It's my friend's favorite." He said so I just nodded.

"I'm sorry if she's the only one I mentioned huh? I just miss her and even then she's the only one who became my friend here." he said so I just nodded again.

"Are you bored?" he asked so I shook my head.

I'm sad...

"Do you want to go somewhere?" he asked so I looked at him before I spoke.

"The one we went through earlier? Can we go to your friend's house?" I ask because I really want to go there.

He thought before nodding.

"Okay, we'll go there later, but can we eat first?" he said so I just nodded.

I don't know if Mang Makoy still sells quail or what so I don't know where we are going.

"Where can we buy a quail?" I asked because I'm tired of walking because I'm on my heels now and my feet hurt too.

"At Mang Makoy's house, we'll eat quail there. I told him earlier to cook quail for us, because I texted him that I'm going here and I have someone with me." he said and continued walking.

Even though my feet were sore I still obeyed.

It's been a while since I've eaten quail, that's why I seem to have tasted quail.

I saw Mang Makoy's house which is very nice now so I took a deep breath before continuing to walk again.

He entered the gate so I followed him. I saw Mang Makoy smiling and looking at us and greeted us.

"Mabuti naman at napa bisita ka dito Alexander?" Mang Makoy said to Miller and hugged him and I just turned around and just looked at the two of them.

Mang Makoy looked at me so I tried to smile at him.

Mang Makoy let go of Miller's hug and then approached me.

"At sino naman ito, Alexander? girlfriend mo ba itong magandang babae na ito?" he asked Miller so I immediately shook my head even though I wasn't the one being asked.

"Hindi po Mang Makoy, siya po si Addison Rya Davis, and siya po ang may-ari ng Davis Company." Miller explained.

"Ay ganon ba? Hello po Ma'am, sana po masarapan po kayo sa ihahanda naming pagkain ngayon at sana po magandahan po kayo sa lugar namin at balik-balikan ito." he said with a smile, so I smiled back.

"M-maganda po t-talaga dito, s-salamat po sa pag welcome sa'min dito." I said in Tagalog, that's why Miller looks at me like he's shocked. I had a hard time speaking Tagalog before so I was still mumbling, I got used to English.

"Nag tatagalog ka pala?" he asked, still shocked.

"Yes, p-pero n-nahihirapan pa ako, I got used to English." I said stuttering.

"Sige tama na 'yan kumain na kayo, masarap 'yan request mo 'yan Alexander pugo 'di ba?" Mang Makoy asked Miller and Miller just smiled and nodded.

We already started eating and all I can say is that the quail is really delicious.