CHAPTER 43

"Anak gising na." napadilat ako dahil sa narinig kong boses.

"M-mama?" sabi ko at tumingin ng maigi, ngumiti siya sa'kin kaya naman naiyak ako sa tuwa at niyakap siya.

"Ma... I miss you." sabi ko at umiyak sa bisig niya.

Bumitaw na kami sa pagyayakap at si Mama ay hinawakan ang mukha ko.

"Napakaganda mo anak ko." naiiyak na sabi nito.

"Mama..." hindi ko na natuloy ang sasabihin ko dahil unti unting nawawala ang imahe ni Mama kaya naman hinawakan ko ang mga kamay nito pero para wala akong hinawakan dahil isang magandang ngiti na lang ang nakita ko bago nawala ang lahat ng imahe ni Mama.

"Ate! Gising." Timothy shouted at me so I woke up in a nightmare, I immediately hugged Timothy and cried.

"Timothy, I saw my mother on my dream." I said and cried a lot. He squeeze my shoulder and whisper to me. "Shh, it'll be alright, it's just a dream okay? Shh andito lang ako palagi Ate huh?" he said and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you Timothy, for always there. You're the best." I told him and he just smiled at me ang hugged me again.

"Addison, sweetie are you okay?" Tita Stella and Papa shown up. Tita Stella look at me worriedly.

I stop for a second because I don't know where am I.

"Where am I?" I asked Timothy.

"Nasa hospital ka Ate, wala ka bang naalalang nangyari sa'yo kanina?" he asked so I thought deeply.

FLASHBACK

"Dr. Morales, I'm here because I want to take a therapy." I told him.

"Sit down hija, nasabi na sa'kin ng kapatid mo na ngayon mo gusto." he said and I just nodded at him.

"So let's start?" he asked and I just nodded.

"Why can't I move on about my past trauma?" I asked first.

"Most people can't let go of the past because they don't appreciate their present. Reframing our relationship with our past requires us to stop thinking of how things should be and accept them for what they are." he said and I took a deep breath before I asked him again.

"Why do I feel stuck in the past?" I asked because when I remember about my past I think I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

"When we are not living in the moment, we are reliving the past—or fearful of what might happen in the future. Our experiences also shape our beliefs about ourselves. We like to feel like we're in control… So when something happens that's outside of our control, it's often easier to blame ourselves."

"Miss Addison may nasabihan ka na ba about sa past mo?" he asked and I just nodded.

"It was Timothy, I tell him about my past why?"

"It would be helpful if you tell about your past why? Trauma, once thought to be a rare occurrence, is actually quite common. From feeling less alone to getting support to making meaning, talking about trauma can help you make sense of your experience." he said.

"And Miss Addison, I think you have a Emotional and Psychological Trauma." he said and I looked at him confused.

"W-what Emotional and Psychological Trauma means?" I asked.

"Emotional and psychological trauma is the result of extraordinarily stressful events that shatter your sense of security, making you feel helpless in a dangerous world. Psychological trauma can leave you struggling with upsetting emotions, memories, and anxiety that won’t go away. It can also leave you feeling numb, disconnected, and unable to trust other people." he explained.

"Traumatic experiences often involve a threat to life or safety, but any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and isolated can result in trauma, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm. It’s not the objective circumstances that determine whether an event is traumatic, but your subjective emotional experience of the event. The more frightened and helpless you feel, the more likely you are to be traumatized." he also said.

"Doc what's the symptoms of Emotional and Psychological Trauma?" I asked.

"The symptoms of Emotional and Psychological Trauma is;
•Shock, denial, or disbelief
•Confusion, difficulty concentrating
•Anger, irritability, mood swings
•Anxiety and fear
•Guilt, shame, self-blame
•Withdrawing from others
•Feeling sad or hopeless
•Feeling disconnected or numb." he said.

"And the physical symptoms are;
•Insomnia or nightmares
•Fatigue
•Being startled easily
•Difficulty concentrating
•Racing heartbeat
•Edginess and agitation
•Aches and pains
•Muscle tension." he said and I took a deep breath again because of hearing those I wont able to catch a breath.

"Miss Addison, relax take a deep breath and close your eyes, think positive and don't be negative alright?" he said and I followed him of what he said.

"And last is for healing your trauma. Trauma symptoms typically last from a few days to a few months, gradually fading as you process the unsettling event. But even when you’re feeling better, you may be troubled from time to time by painful memories or emotions—especially in response to triggers such as an incident of the event or something that reminds you of the trauma." he said and before I spoke there two men enter the clinic and they have a gun.

Doctor Morales try to cover me for what would happen but the two men punch him many times and Doctor Morales knocked down.

I don't know what to do because I forgot to bring a gun.

I heard my phone rang so I tried to pick it up but it's to late the two men approach me and the one man punch me on the stomach. Because my stomach hurt I won't be able to catch a breath. The last thing I knew I was fainted and I don't know what happened next.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And I don't know what happened next, and Timothy how did you find me?" I asked him.

"May tumawag kasi sa'kin na nasa panganib ka kaya naman nagmadali ako at nagpatulong ako kila Excel na i-hacked ka kaso nasa clinic pala phone mo." he said.

"Who called you?" I asked and he avoid his eyes to me.

"Timothy? Who. Called. You?" I greeted my teeth because he avoiding my question.

"Sabi niya kasi h'wag kong sabihin sa'yo, eh." he said and squeezed his head.

"Sino?!" I shouted.

"Addison you don't have to scream, you need to rest okay?" Tita Stella said.

"Timothy who called you?" I calmly said.

"S-si kuya Miller." he said and I frozed because of shocked.