CHAPTER 28

"Mang Makoy salamat po ulit sa hinihanda niyo ngayon, may pupuntahan pa po kasi kami, eh." Miller informs Mang Makoy that we are leaving.

"Sige Alexander, salamat at bumisita ka rito. At saka nga pala saan ba ang punta niyo pa?" Mang Makoy asked Miller.

"Pupunta po kami sa bahay nila Aria, gusto raw makita ni Miss Addison 'yung bahay nila Aria, eh." Miller said.

"Ay ganon ba? Ay sige pumunta na kayo at papagabi na, oh." Mang Makoy said so Miller and I got up to leave. but before leaving I turned to Mang Makoy and thanked him.

"Mang Makoy thank you po sa pagkain na p-pinakain n-niyo sa'min, and I have a favor Mang Makoy, can I hug you?" I said that's why they all looked at me, especially Miller who was so shocked that he didn't expect me to say that. I looked at Mang Makoy who was smiling now.

"Oo naman Ma'am." he said and got ready as if to hug me so I approached him and then I hugged him, when I hugged him I immediately closed my eyes because I miss him too.

I removed my hug from him and looked at him with a smile.

"Thank you." I said while smiling.

"Walang anuman hija, basta balik kayo rito. Oh sige na umalis na kayo at baka gabihin na kayo, dadaan pa pala kayo sa bahay ng kaibigan niyo 'di ba?" Mang Makoy's asked and we just nodded.

"E 'di dumito na muna kayo at bukas na lang kayong umagang umuwi." Mang Makoy said that's why I stopped breathing just a second, even if I want to stay here but I need to go home because I need to be in our company, maybe Papa will scold me.

"I-i can't, because I also need to go home, I still need to be taken care of by our company, I'm sorry Mang Makoy." I said sadly to Mang Makoy but he just smiled.

"Ayos lang po 'yon Ma'am, ingat na lang po kayo." he uttered.

"Let's go, we still have to go to your friend's house right?" I asked Miller and he just nodded and he walked towards Mang Makoy.

"Salamat po ulit Mang Makoy, aalis na po kami at sasaglit lang po kami d'yan sa bahay nila Aria." Miller said.

"Sige na, umalis na kayo at mag-gagabi na, oh." Mang Makoy said to us and he pushed us gently, Miller and I also left and went to our house before.

When we entered, I immediately inhaled the air as if I was smelling the past.

I looked all around the house and it seemed like nothing was new, our living room was still in the same order and so was the kitchen, while looking at the kitchen I could see the image of Mama and I eating and talking together.

I want to cry because when I look around I can only see the image of Mama and I how happy we were then.

"Ayos ka lang?" Miller suddenly asked me.

I looked at him.

"Can we leave now?" I asked because I could no longer control the emotion I had been suppressing before.

"Why is it so fast? don't you want to see it yet? I thought do you like to see the whole house? Do you?" He also asked.

"Yes I do, but we need to get back in Manila, My father will scold me." I uttered.

"Okay, is that so? Let's go?" he said and I just nodded.

I followed him to where he about to go, I don't know where his car is?

We went back to where we went earlier, so I can still see the bridge. I noticed how nice it was, because it's night, I immediately went there and ignored Miller who is going to his car.

When I got closer I was immediately amazed because there are lights now whereas before there was no light here and you could only see pure darkness, but now I can say it is very beautiful.

"Andito ka lang pala? Akala ko nawala ka na." said Miller but I ignored him because I was still amazed at how beautiful it was.

"It's beautiful." I said all of sudden.

"Yes, you're right it's really beautiful." he said but I seemed to notice that he was looking at me so I looked at him but he was the one who avoided looking at me. I just ignored that and just looked in front of me again and was amazed again.

I looked in front of me again and memorized it in my mind so that I would not forget this place. I smiled before turning around and calling Miller to come home.

"It's late so let's go." I said and then started walking, he just followed me.

When we got in his car, he immediately started his car.

I leaned my head on the head board of the car and closed my eyes. I was tired today so I fell asleep quickly.

"H-hey wake up, Miss Addison." Miller woke me up so I opened my eyes and looked around. I noticed we were in front of the company so I immediately sat down and looked at him.

"I'm leaving, thank you for inviting me to go there."

"No problem, as long as you want to go there just tell me and I'll take you there again." he said.

"Thanks." I said before getting out of the car.

I was about to get in my car when he suddenly got out of his car and told me something that stopped my breathing.

"You look like her." he whispered to me so my bodies stiffened.

I immediately brought myself back to my senses and immediately confronted him.

"W-what do you mean?" I uttered.

"Your smile is like Aria's smile, and I see Aria in you." he said so I had trouble breathing again but I immediately adjusted myself and faced him without emotion.

"We are different, don't compare me to your friend because WE ARE DIFFERENT." I said, and then turned away.

When I got in my car I immediately start the engine and went home.