Soft kisses- 12

We passed luxurious stores. Prada, Chanel, Gucci, the list goes on. The lights around the doorframes shone a bright white light making me squint my eyes a little. I hate bright lights, they always make my skin have a very light burning sensation. Like now, my neck start to slowly turn a slight red, my hand automatically finding its way to the tender skin. My hands are cold which makes my eyes shut in pleasure for a quick second.

As I turn my head away from the lights I saw Cowboy talking into his little Walkie-Talkie. He stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder to check if we're still there. No one is dumb enough to just escape while having the bomb in their neck. Except for Boomerang... he would try to escape. „I'm standing by for follow on tasking", the man on the other side of the line says. „C2, what is the operational load of the PLS?" „Boss, we got people up there", GQ takes a knee and fixes his gun.

„Im on my way", Cowboy answers. Him and his man spread through the small valley and hide behind cars. Something was in the front and I wanted to know what that „something" was. I took a look to my left and saw Floyd already looking at me. Flag rushed to the front line positioned his gun on the car. The feeling that I always felt before my missions tried to creep up again but I suppressed it to the best of my abilities. The last thing I needed right now, was ugly flashbacks. And with ugly I mean blood, flesh and tears.

I saw the man speak into his Walkie-talkie again but I only caught a glimpse of what he said. Apparently there were hostiles up ahead. I took a last glance to my group and neared myself to the front line. I felt Someone stop me by holding onto my hand. Big and rough hands went up to my shoulder making me turn around. „We're a team, right?", he said softly. „Of course Floyd", I show him a genuine smile and winked.

„Flag, get out of there. We're not here to fight them. We know that doesn't work", the voice that came out of the object became more clear with every step I took. I felt the cold material of my beloved gun as I hold on it for dear life. I tried to make out what ever was in front of us but unfortunately all of the fire and broken cars were in the way. Flag ordered for us to go somewhere else but I didn't listen to it. I looked back and saw Harley and the rest walking up to us.

„Hey, I like these odds, mate. You guys just say the word", Boomerang looked at me and Floyd. Said man's and my eyes met and we shared a quick thought. „Yeah, come on", Harley agreed smiling crazily. Whatever happened in her past must be crazy. How can someone be so excited and carefree in such an environment? ,,Yeah, uhm hold that thought", Floyd murmured as he grabbed my wrist and walked up to the front line again. We were in front of a tall building. Most of the surface was made out of broken windows. You could only see the reflection of the sinister night. And with that thought I heard Floyd Mutter a muttered „shit".