Surprise- 14

!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT !!!

Cold sweat was the only thing I was able to feel on my skin. Those creatures were literally sent from hell. Fast, flexible and smart. One after the other exploded in the air as my bullets fired through their bodies. There weren't much aliens left anymore so I decided to rest in a back alley. My body was still intact and I could still fight for many more hours but my head felt weird.

Those weird green fibers... they seem so familiar. As if I already fought against them. That was until the realization hit me.

...
3 years ago
NEW YORK, USA

I leaned over the hot stove

I leaned over the hot stove. „I think it's warm enough", I thought to myself. I opened the top pantry trying to find some oil. „Where are you- oh there you are", I sheepishly smiled. I opened the cap and poured a little bit on the pan. I turned the pan in different directions in order for it the liquid to spread consistently. I hunched over to grab the eggs, the sight made me sad. There was only one left. A pout was plastered on my face.

With the egg on a plate and a mug of black coffee I make my way over to my couch. My apartment wasn't big but it made me feel safe. I always wished to have something like this. A furry creature touched my leg and I looked down. „Hey Tasha", I smiled and petted her head. It seemed like yesterday that I found her in the bushes with a big cut on her leg. Her hair reminded me of Natasha so I named her after the girl I once called my sister.

It's not like she'll ever meet Tasha and I have to be embarrassed about it. As I ate my breakfast I checked my small phone. The screen was cracked a little, but I was able to use google maps and find my way around New York. I don't have any friends so I didn't check for messages. I opened the weather app hoping that the weather was good, but no. Today's supposed to snow even. I sighed and threw my phone on the pillow next to me. „Let's make you some breakfast too, Tasha", I tiredly said.

As I made my way over to the kitchen I heard a loud thud in my bedroom. I immediately reacted and took my black gun from underneath my kitchen isle. With the object in my hand I made my way over to the room being careful not to make any noise. I peeked through the key hole trying to make out a possible intruder. Yet, the room was empty. I still felt uneasy and opened the door very fast.

Ready to shoot I aimed my gun to where my window was. My window was completely opened and I rushed over to it so I can close it. I pulled the blinds down and turned around. There was a small box placed in the middle of my bed. I moved closer to it, „maybe it's a bomb" I thought to myself. I lowered my head next to the box and tried to make out if the content inside the box made a sound, but no, it didn't make any.

Slowly and carefully I opened the box not being sure what I should expect from it. New York was a weird place but I don't think that the mail man just steps into peoples bedroom. I looked inside the box and there was an object I haven't seen in years. I didn't dare to touch it. My vision became blurry as one tear fell after the other. My knees were week so I sat in front of that object in shock. Never have I cried so hard since the day Natasha left. That day I swore to never let something make me feel such intense emotions, and here I am... crying over a necklace.

...
2 years ago...
New York, USA

{3rd person}

The dark and derelict train station was full with people. Most of them were dressed in dark and simple clothing. You couldn't expect something else from them, it was a rainy and cold day in November. The wind of the incoming train hit her face. Faceless people were everywhere around her. Each one of them... so innocent. No one could prepare a regular human being with all the information she had.

She looked to her left. Finally. She buried her hands into her warm coat pockets and inhaled the cold air. Her pulse was fast again and the lump in her throat was disabling her talking. „Good to see you again", he said. His black long hair was flowing with the freezing wind. His attire made me question how his face didn't turn blue. A black suit and a black dress shirt, he knew how to look good. She looked ahead of her. „Long time no see, Loki".