Till death do us apart- 18

!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT !!!

A/n: for better visualization listen to the remastered version of „true blue" by Billie Eilish (it's unreleased) + this photo has the vibe of the weather and overall feelings of her<3 ALSO! If you see any mistakes, I wrote this in one sitting and I should be asleep rn so don't mind them lmao

I can't recall when was the last time I was so against something that could benefit me, but here I am. The sky was colored in a faded dark blue, the clouds were slowly visible again. Morning time has come around and we were still on our feet. My mind turned itself off; a coping mechanism that saved me from getting a nasty panic attack and my powers getting out of control. People think that having powers, like mine, was something awesome— being able to either save or destroy the world. The thought about this immense power is something the human mind loves... or better said craves.

They are trapped in their boring and continues life with the mindset that in order to gain the feeling of freedom they had to either work their asses off and become rich by 35; their whole life spent away behind a desk with their heads deep buried in books and laptops, or they had to somehow someway gain supernatural powers. Either way, no one would be able to live a life that would be free of problems and grief. You just had to be strong enough to continue living to make memories that again made life worth living. That was it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I lifted my limp arms to my head, taking off the hair band that kept my hair out of my face the whole night. I rubbed my scalp a few times and now wrapped my hair in a loose braid to the side to continue to free my vision from strands of hair. The fight was over, for now. The huge group of soldiers that kept an eye on us the whole time split and now it's only us criminals, Rick, GQ and 3 other soldiers I didn't know the name of. I could've just read their minds but I was exhausted. Not from fighting but from my thoughts. Well, not my actual thoughts to be exact. My head just felt crowded, I could basically feel the cotton that stuffed my head and made it hard for me to concentrate.

The stores around us were fatally vandalized by the aliens. Shattered glass crunched under our feet every now and then, and the sound of malfunctioning AC's made us jump and point the gun at the empty shops. My hands were red from the cold, white lines from the pressure of my gun printed on my hand. I shook my hands and pulled my jacket closer to my body hoping for more warmth. My eyes analyzed every step my comrades took in order to gain back control over my mind. First I watched Harley; her hands held her damaged bat. She had a confident hip thrust with every step she took, it somewhat looked like she was slightly drunk— her head didn't match the way her body moved.

My eyes shifted to Floyd. His arms slightly but firmly swung with his step, he was also hunching over and now and then he instinctively watched his left and right side which I found interesting. As a hitman you had to be careful, you make a lot of enemies in this business and you don't want to be killed by your own kind just by not paying enough attention to your surrounding. Diablo's way of walking was the most intriguing out of anyones I ever analyzed. It may appeared as if he walked confidently, his posture was good and his head held high. His whole body was in tune except one part; his arms.

When I successfully fled the red room the only thing that kept me alive was to shift my focus from my body to another ones. I searched for people like me; meta humans. I didn't find many but Diabolo was one of the ones I did make out. His case fascinated me and I knew he wasn't like the rest of our species and I knew I wasn't a "normal" meta human either, at least thats what Madame B and Dreykov said. "You're special, Lucianna. The universe has never seen something like you. I have never seen anything like you. You're going to serve great acts", was what Dreykov said. It always negatively fascinated me how he separated himself from the whole universe, as if he was something better. Maybe that was when I started to realize that the red room wasn't the home I longed for for years. I didn't know who I was before the red room took me in but I knew that I never wanted to go back to that place.

Diabolos arms seemed disconnected from the rest of his body, like they weren't his. Once in a while he shook them like something dirty was on his sleeves or he randomly got cramps in his hands. But more frequently his fingers twitched. I recognized his fingers behaviors from myself, when I was still adjusting to my powers. I felt like two arms were sown onto my shoulders. They felt cold and unfamiliar. I often got punished for the twitching during ballet lessons. It amazed me how similar our powers work. Maybe when I get out of here I'll be able to seriously talk to him about the way he got his powers, but something in me told me it wouldn't be that long until many of our secrets and fears get revealed to the daylight.