-54-

After Mystery's fight I wasn't really watching.

Emersme was in the ring with the dragon eyes girl and like she said before she probably would work towards failing the trial.

I heard steps but since Belladonna did nothing I know whoever was walking on the platform behind us was of no danger towards us so I didn't pay them mind.

I looked up at the brush against my shoulder, seeing it was Mystery walking away without looking back.

I watched her walk away.

"I am bored, could I go walk around the field?"

"Just don't leave too long, you'll need to be here before the last fight."

"Yes mother, please do tell whoever asks where I am that I had a personal matter to take care of please."

"Of course dear."

"Thank you."

"You wanted to see me?" I said, reaching where Mystery stood.

"I just thought you'd want to see me." She turned to face me. "Lets get out of sight before people start thinking you favor me."

"Well it is clear that I do."

"I know but the others don't need to know."

"Right, we don't want a riot."

"I could deal with it."

"Of course you could my mage."

I hooked my arm around the one she offered to me, letting her lead me away.

As long as mother doesn't know I left the fields, which honestly she probably suspected already, I will be fine, we went back to the castle and to our favorite spot, the Dragon's Garden.

We sat together in silence, backs against the giant root and my head on her shoulder.

"Are you sure you are alright? I know I never asked how you feel but I also know you'd tell me you were fine for the first question." I said, tracing a pattern on the palm of her hand.

"I am, healers gave me something that should heal me right up in one night."

"That's good but don't burn yourself again."

"Oh you noticed?"

"Have I? You smell of burning flesh."

"I'll know next time you are this attentive to me."

"Well at first I thought it was from the lightning strike but it couldn't be."

"It wasn't strong enough to char me."

"And you go summoning a lightning cloud and murder that man with one strike off it." The difference between their training and strength was phenomenal.

"Yes?"

"Since when can you do that?!" I threw my arms up.

"Well the rain after my father's death was my doing, accidentally but still."

"How did I never realize that... You show off."

"Well that is what I am doing, since I met you somehow everyone starts seeing what I am hiding away and I realized I can't keep on hoping to heal well from injuries from my magic, if I win I need everyone to know you have a strong person by your side, plus that would give her Majesty and Belladonna another reason to strap me in the head mage title so why not show off a bit as it is inevitable."

"I can't believe we only met like.... One month ago and a bit more, bordering on two, you changed a lot." It was mindboggling how little time had actually passed. 

"I am failing the challenge you set out on accomplishing aren't I?" She grinned at me.

"You hide much less then I had thought but what you do hide is hard to crack Mystery.... There, another mystery, I don't even know your true name."

"All those that knew are dead and the elm will not give it away."

"Can't I know?"

"Mystery feels like my real name and has felt like it for a long time, even at home I was called Flames instead of my name most of the time, a miracle that I know it."

"I won't tell, don't you trust me?"

"Believe me I do, on many levels but somethings I don't reveal yet."

"Yet?" So she'll tell me soon?

"You really want to know, I shall oblige but on one condition."

"And what is it?"

"It will be a gift for your coronation." I punched her on the shoulder while she just laughed at me.

"You meany I thought you'd tell me now!"

"No can't do Audrey, a special gift requires a special event."

"Fine but you promise? You won't back out?"

"Of course I won't."

"Well you better win tomorrow. I heard it was an elf you are fighting."

"If that is that case it shouldn't be harder then Emersme as I'll go up against him too and if I win both, one last fight."

"Well I believe in you." I kissed her cheek

"I know, I can't loose with you believing in me." She smiled and I couldn't help but smile back.

Never lose to anyone Mystery, I believe in you.