-76-

Arianwyn finally joined us. back in her clothes and looking find.

I ran up to her and walking around, she let me do a whole body check ,she'd be able to hide injuries if needed.

"You have some explaining to do." I whispered, my face right in hers.

"I would if I knew how I did most of what you never seen me do before."

"Mage Mystery.... Or as I have been informed head mage Mystery." The king said.

"My king." She bowed but I did not, just standing by her side and grabbing her hand.

"You have beyond surpassed my expectation, the halfmen will walk with you." 

"We will head out as soon as all is ready, we have a long way to the capitol even thought the straightest of tunnels." Ethan announced. "But before that I want you to meet someone."

"Show the way general." I looked at her, she is of high rank they him currently so her bestowing a rank on him  grants it 

"Follow me we don't have much time." He did seen happier.... maybe you can actually change huh.

We followed him to a domed black stone building, the only entrance guarded by four halfmen in heavy chain-mail and plated armor.

"You might not like what you see." Ethan warned us, pulling the tarp used as door away, a light blue-green glow escaping from the building. "You first." And she stepped in first

I stepped in after.

"Wow."

The whole room was covered in old glyphs, markings and sigils having nothing in common with each other, one in elvish, the other in human tongue, the third in Draklian and so on,  all glowed that blue-green color and the few I could read were  meant for healing.

The glow formed into streams that each stayed separated and converged in the middle and dove into a circular pond that radiated with the colors, pulsing brighter to the rhythm of a slow but steady heartbeat.

She brushed a finger through a glowing stream and it reacted like it was smoke, the part she touched fading away.

She stepped in deeper and I would have but Ethan stopped me, I looked at him and he shook his head so I stopped.

She kneeled down near the pond, staring into it.

"I wouldn't touch the water." Ethan called out, halting her movement. "it would break the enchantment and no one is strong enough to save her." Her? "We found her in a forest, alive wouldn't be a good term for how she was, gone from the land of the living but somehow her magic ran free and we know as long as a mage lives, be it wild or elemental, their magic does too, so we brought her back here and she rests in an eternal stasis since that day, neither dead nor alive."

"Wait that means." I whispered. "Belladonna?" He nodded and I gazed back at Arianwyn.

"We'll leave you alone." Ethan said as he lead me out of the room.

"How is this possible?!" I yelled outside and he hushed me.

"We were trying to follow the trail of the dragon, hoping to follow the dragon queen to her land but we were knowing fools, no one can follow a dragon or enter their land without being invited  but we ended up finding her, I don't know how she survived her fall, the dragon was flying high, really high, but she had no broken bones, just that hole."

"Could it be like you said? Her magic?"

"Possible as vines were slithered up her arms and grass really tall around her, we didn't know how to help so all we could do is put her in stasis, hoping for a healer to come that could."