-70-

"Where are we going exactly? Like the main library?" I asked, having stopped running a while back but still held Arianwyn, I like the sound of it.

"Exactly, Seraphim mentioned a dragon that is still alive that saw her hatch... Somehow... So he or she should be able to explain a few things in more detail since she is gone..." She sighed deeply, I gave her hand a squeeze. "No matter how much I try I can't escape the center of attention can I?"

"Doesn't seem so but don't worry you won't be alone."

"I won't let it happen, I won't lose someone else."

"Then we better take the shadow of evil out soon right?"

"I like that name for him, he's literally that."

"Yes he is."

The libraries door were huge, a dragon needs to fit through them after all, ornate and golden with silver etchings, on each opening half having those two colors shape a stylized dragon.

The shelves were so high, ladders of many feet rested against each, some when having a rope draped over them to climb up if the ladder was too short.

The ground was of red marble that was mirror-like in shininess.

These were simple useless books to a peasant but it was a treasure cave to those that could see the worth in the past being documented, so much knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised in many books told of stories so old there would be no way of even translating the words like Arianwyn had done it, dragons living longer then the seemingly eternal elves so there are many languages forever forgotten.

Shlooked distracted when I looked at her, looking at the ground.

"Arianwyn?" She looked up at me. "Are you alright? You looked lost."

"Seraphim said being part dragon I'll have their lifespan, maybe shorter as Merlin is a human but still."

"Are you worried about living longer then I do?"

"No, a simple spell exists to bind the person with the shortest life to the one with the longest, letting the younger one in theory age as if they were part of their lover's species."

"So we wouldn't change, right? Once a dragon if full grown it doesn't changes if I remember right."

"Yeah I might as well remain looking the same as a human but everyone else, your mother, your sibling, my siblings, Nix, Arial, the trees, the seasons, the castle, the world, all those will change and pass while we'll remain."

"That's why long lived beings like dragons and elves prefer staying away from us humans who have the shortest lives of anyone."

"Yeah..."

"We'll think of a way yes? There have been archives of many people living longer, who knows maybe they had the same fear and bonded all those they knew to the longest life."

"True.... Lets worry about this later shall we? We have a dragon to find."

"Alright but tell me if you come to worry, you know I'll be here for you." I smiled back at her.

The library seemed endless and there was now a huge pile of books blocking our way from going further in.

And we needed to pass the pile so Arianwyn helped me climbing it

"Audrey!" I yelled when something moved under my foot and heard Arianwyn's scream.