3

Logans POV

I park my car next to Hazels as we just pulled into the parking lot of her apartment building. Before getting out I look around, taking a quick scan just to make sure I wasn't followed by any paps. When I find that it's clear, I get out the car and follow her inside.

The building is very secure. She used a special key to get inside and a different one to get onto the elevator.

"This place takes security very seriously" I comment as she presses the button for the sixth floor.

"Yeah" she chuckles. "That's what sold us on the place. Makes me feel safer, even if just a little bit"

I nod my head and the rest of the elevator ride is quiet, not that it takes very long. Only a few seconds.

She steps off the elevator first and I follow her. We take a right and stop three doors down on the left.

"Just a warning" Hazel says glancing at me as she unlocks the door. "Bently gets very excited but he also hasn't really met any strangers so I don't know how he'll react"

As soon as the door opens loud barking erupts in my ears and I'm ushered in quickly as Hazel shuts the door behind me.

A husky with grey and black patches on it's otherwise white fur rounds the corner excitingly and runs circles around us. Hazel sits her bag on the counter and crouches down to be level with Bently.

"Hi!" she smiles scratching behind his ears. His tail wags in excitement and he licks her face. I'm not even sure he knows someone else is here right now. "Are you so happy I'm home?"

I smile watching her and Bently barks as if he is responding. I never really knew if Hazel was a dog person but it definitely suits her.

She kisses Bentlys head before glancing up at me and taking my hand. I crouch down next to her causing Bently to finally notice me. I expect him to bark but oddly he just stares at me.

"You can pet him, I think he's fine. Probably a little confused. The only other person who's ever been here or in our other apartment since I got him is Emory"

My heart beats hard in my chest from hearing that.

She brings my hand to Bentlys nose and he takes a while to sniff me. Eventually he nudges my hand and licks it so I guess I'm in the clear.

"Bently, Logan. Logan, Bently" Hazel introduces with a smile. I chuckle petting Bently as his tail still wags back and forth.

She stands up and grabs his leash off the hook and bends down to connect it with his collar. "Could you grab the blue and green ball in the basket over there?"

Hazel points to a basket next to the couch so I walk over and find the ball. I toss the ball in my hands as she takes her keys off the counter and opens the door.

We take the elevator back down but instead of going out the front she walks towards the back of the building. There is a door that leads to a dog park that we walk through.

Hazel takes a minute to wait for Bently to do his business before taking him off his leash and letting him run around the large grass area. She walks his poop bag to the trashcan before coming back over to me.

"Once he gets bored of all the obstacles in the park he's gonna come to you and expect you to throw the ball for about twenty minutes" she says sitting down on the bench.

I sit down next to her. "I can do that"

"So..." she tucks one of her legs under her butt and turns to face me.