24

Sophias POV

"Alina" I groan. "Issac is waiting for you outside, look" I point to the window where we can see everyone outside in the backyard lounging around. Ava is in the pool, and Isaac is just standing on the edge waiting for Alina. I know he won't go in without her.

"I know" she sniffs. "Please, can I go?" she looks up at me with this big brown eyes and I swear I almost cave in.

"You have to drink your water first. It's hot outside and I don't want you to get dehydrated" I tell her the same thing I've been telling her for the past ten minutes. "Everyone else drank their water so they got to go outside"

She looks at the glass of water and frowns, another tear leaving her eye as she sniffs again. I have no idea why she hates water so much. She only ever tells us that it doesn't make her feel good like juice does, whatever that means.

I also hope she never discovers alcohol.

"Come on, I'll drink some with you" I grab my own bottle of water urging her to drink with me. 

Alina reluctantly brings the cup to her lips and we drink the water together. I don't stop drinking until my full water bottle is gone so that she doesn't think I cheated her. 

"Can I go now?" she asks sitting her empty cup back on the counter.

I throw her a thumbs up and she's gone faster than I can blink.

I groan at the mass amount of water sitting in my stomach that I can literally hear sloshing around. I turn around and open one of the cabinets looking for some chips or crackers to help soak it up.

"Everything okay in here?"

My body freezes at the familiar voice and I feel the color drain from my face. Shaking it off, I continue my search until I find a bag of plain chips and pull them out.

Taking a deep breath I turn around, acting as nonchalant as I can while plastering a smile on my face. If I act calm on the outside, maybe my insides will even out.

"All good, except that my little sister thinks that water is the spawn of satan" I laugh forcefully. 

Austin cocks an eyebrow at me as I toss a chip in my mouth. He takes a step forward and I take one back.

"Really?" he deadpans.

"Really what?" I feign confusion. 

He walks closer and I continue to walk back until he's where I started and I'm where he started. Austin takes a deep breath, putting his hands on the island counter and leaning forward.

"You've been avoiding me" he states slowly.

Yeah....

But I have good reason to.

"Avoiding you?" I tilt my head. "I don't know...that doesn't sound like something I would do"

He narrows his eyes at me.

I narrow mine and just as I'm about to take a step and bolt out of the room, his voice stops me.

"Sophia Grace" he demands.

Ooohhh

My insides melt and I clutch the bag of chips in my hand to keep from liquifying onto the floor. I'm pretty sure he can't hear the pulse between my legs?

Fuck it.

I run out of the kitchen and navigate my way through the large house, turning into every hallway imaginable. His heavy footsteps are close behind me, and- Jesus when is the last time I ran this fast?