31

Hazels POV

34 weeks

I blow out a deep breath, shifting on the couch. Bently lays next to me, his eyes following Logan as he walks into the living room.

By now I feel like an elephant, and I'm getting bigger by what seems like the day. I'm due in six weeks, less than two months and I'm feeling all types of things about it. Mainly scared and unprepared.

The nursery still isn't done.

Or maybe it is, but Logan won't let me see it. He says he wants it to be a surprise for me, even though I hate surprises. I always love his, so I haven't badgered him too much about it.

If you don't consider at least once a day too much. 

He's even gone as far as locking the door and keeping the key with him, which I would be upset about, but he isn't wrong to do it. If he didn't lock the door I would have snuck a look by now.

But god if it isn't frustrating not knowing what it looks like. He's up all hours of the night just drilling and hammering away in the room and all I can do shop for baby clothes and hand the bags to him when I get home so he can put them in the nursery. 

Now that he's out of season, he has a lot more time on his hands.

I would too but this week I've been busting my ass trying to make more progress on my other projects so that when I'm on maternity leave, I can actually take a break and focus on our son.

But lucky for me the girls are whisking me away for a small girls trip for a few days. We want to spend some time with each other before the baby comes and my life is a frenzy. I'm excited for some much needed girl time.

Sophia, Emory, and Ella should be here soon. We're picking up Audrey from the airport and then driving the four hours to San Antonio where we are staying. 

"She's nervous about flying down here by herself?" Logan has his hand on his hip, his eyebrows furrowed as he talks into the phone. "Yeah that's understandable"

He comes over to sit next to me and puts the phone on speaker.

"I would fly her down myself" Lucas sighs through the phone. "But I can't, I'm swamped with work"

I frown, my heart going out for Lucas. He tries his hardest, and has been ever since his mom passed. I can't imagine having to raise two girls at the age of nineteen. Having to put his life on hold to raise his sisters. Now that he's finally doing what he loves, what he's meant to do, he feels bad because that means he isn't around all the time for his sisters. Especially Ellie who already goes through so much. He and my brother have that in common with each other.

We want Ellie to come down for her spring break before spending the whole summer here, just to make sure she likes it.

"I'll fly down and get her" Logan offers.

"Are you kidding?" Lucas sounds taken back. "I can't let you do that, it'll be two weeks after Hazel gives birth"

"I'll fly there and fly back with her the same day" Logan argues.

"Yeah and Logans parents will be staying with us for a few weeks after anyway, I'll be fine" I back him up.

There is a breath of silence from Lucas over the phone.

"We really want her here" I tell him, hoping to sway his opinion. 

"Alright" he sighs giving in. I hear Logan give a breath of relief. "On one condition"

"What's up?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"I've been thinking...and I'd like you guys to be her godparents. If you're up for it" he adds the last part quickly.