22

Hazels POV

I relax back into the lawn chair that rests in the patio of our backyard. Dressed in a white tank top, blue jean shorts, and a pair of black sunglasses covering my eyes, I take in the warmth of the sun letting it calm me. Today is the perfect temperature and I plan to take full advantage of it.

Walter called again this morning and I still haven't answered. It's only been a day since my flare up, and even though it wasn't a terribly bad one, I haven't been in much of a mood to talk to anyone. Especially my grandfather.

Until yesterday I hadn't realized that I was scared shitless that he would do to me what he did to my parents...even though I know he won't. The fear is still there. And it isn't like he would reassure me, and I won't ask for it. So I've resulted to turning myself into a hermit crab until all of our family arrives in a few days.

Seems like the better option to me.

"Bently do not get into that pool" I point my finger at my dog who has tip toed to the edge, about to hop into the water.

He whines loudly and I glare at him through my sunglasses. He's been trying me for the past hour.

"I'm not chasing you around with a towel" I continue to scold him. He barks at me but backs away from the edge.

My dog and towels do not mix well together, ever since he was a little puppy when I first got him. He's still a puppy now, just a bigger one. But it's why I always take him to the groomers. There is no way I am chasing a wet dog through my new house. 

I sit back in the chair once Bently is a good distance away from the pool and has occupied himself with running around in the grass. Just as I relax again my phone rings.

"Hey" I smile into the camera.

"Hey captain"

My body relaxes even more at the sound of Logans voice. Him and some other guys on the team are attending a press conference about an hour and a half away, which is why I'm here by myself. I would've went but we agreed to try to avoid any publicity outings until we announce my pregnancy since my stomach is starting to grow. It's easy to hide it with a sweater or jacket when we go out, but with the congested room, I'd just be way too hot.

"Is the conference over?" I ask biting my lip.

"We're on a break and then we have an hour left" he replies rubbing his chin with his hand. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Making use of the good weather-Bently!"

My dog stops in his tracks and has the nerve to glare at me as if I'm the one not listening. He's so dramatic. I flip the camera so Logan can see what he's doing. Bently dips his paw in the water, testing me.

"Bently, no" Logan raises his voice through the camera.

I swear he rolls his eyes before trotting away.

I flip the camera so that it's back on me and I sit back in the chair. "Anyways, I'm doing fine. Taking time to relax outside"

"That's good" he gives me a soft smile. "And how's the little one?"

"He's doing fine, missing his dad though" I poke out my bottom lip in a pout.

"Is he now?" Logan raises his eyebrow and I nod my head. "I'll be home soon. Three hours tops but probably sooner. Until then, I'm sure you'll be just fine" he gives me a knowing smirk which raises my suspicions.

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head just as I hear some commotion in the background.

"I gotta go baby. I love you and I'll be home soon okay?"