12

Hazels POV

A large hand on my body shakes me awake.

I furrow my eyebrows, realizing how bad my body is aching from being scrunched in a tight position.

I peel my eyes open, still in a dark room with my nephew sleeping peacefully and curled into my side. I breathe deeply, turning my head to look over my shoulder.

Harry and Elaine stand behind me, both with worried expressions on their faces.

"What time is it?" I ask in a deep whisper.

"Almost midnight" Harry responds, his facial expression still troubled.

As the memory of what happened a few hours ago floods back in, I know what the looks on their faces are for. I was going to clean up before they got here, I wasn't expecting to fall asleep in Isaacs bed with him.

I sit up and get out of the bed slowly so as not to disturb his small sleeping body. Harry follows me out of the room while Elaine stays to make sure Isaac is okay.

We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I think I would cry if I had any tears left to do so.

"Wanna tell me what happened here?" Harry asks softly.

"I'm so sorry" a large lump forms in my throat. "I swear Isaac didn't see anything but I think the yelling woke him up. Harry I swear I didn't mean for any of this to-"

"Just take a breath Hazel" Harry cuts me off placing his hands on my shoulders as I take a deep breath. "Tell me what happened"

"Logan came here and we got into a fight. There was yelling, and when he left he slammed the door which made the picture frame fall and break. I-I had a small flare up and threw the vase" I sigh heavily.

"What's going on with you two?" he asks as Elaine walks down the stairs and meets us in the kitchen. Her round belly making me instantly look away from her. "You've never fought like that before"

"I know. We're just-" I pause looking for the right wording. "We're having a disagreement"

"Must be a pretty big disagreement" he furrows his eyebrows in concern while stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"It is" I nod frantically. "I should go try and find him"

"Hazel" Harry sighs. "It's late, why don't you just sleep here and find him tomorrow?"

"It's no point, I won't get any sleep anyway and I need to talk to him" the words fly out of my mouth quickly in urgency.

"Alright, take my car then" he hands me his keys and I take them gratefully. "Be safe please"

"I will" I nod. "I love you Harry and sorry about the mess, let me clean it real quick"

I turn around swiftly to grab the cleaning supplies but Harry stops me.

"No, go on I'll clean it up. I love you too sis" he gives me a small smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

I give him a tight hug telling him that I love him again before hugging Elaine, grabbing my coat, and rushing out the door.

I have to fix this.

I just hope that there is still something for me to fix.

- - -

He wasn't at his parents house.

And I'm not sure what was more embarrassing. Not knowing where he was the first time, or having to ask his mother who answered the door if he was there just for her to tell me no and ask what was wrong.