14

Logans POV

"Hazel" Emory calls for the second time.

I smirk looking down at my girlfriend who is furiously typing on her laptop and scribbling down words on a pink sticky note.

"Hazellll" Emory calls again dragging out her name in the process.

Hazel is tucked into my side, her legs crossed and eyebrows furrowed looking at the laptop screen. Now she is chewing the cap of her pen.

"Hazel!" Emory yells.

Hazel jumps and her pen drops to her lap as she whips her head up to look at her cousin. I laugh under my breath.

"What?" Hazel asks, still looking a bit spooked.

"I called your name four times and we're only like three feet away from each other" Emory chuckles.

"Oh" Hazel frowns. "Sorry, I'm just distracted"

"What are you doing anyway?" Emory asks curiously.

I peek over Hazels shoulder, a smile pulling onto my lips when I see what is on her screen.

"Elaines doctor gave her a list of good OBGYNs near us and Elaine gave me the list before we left. I'm searching them up right now" Hazel turns to me holding up two sticky notes. "This guy has ten years of experience and she only has two but she has far better reviews than him"

"You're amazing at your job and you've been at it for less than two years" I say looking down at her.

"Good point" she nods before scribbling something else down and continuing her search.

Hazel, Emory, Austin, Bently, and I are on the plane heading back to Texas. We took a private plane so it's just us in a pretty big cabin. Bently is curled up at Hazels feet and Austin is asleep on the couch.

It's fairly early in the morning, but ever since we woke up Hazel has been in go mode. She's been extensively searching things on her laptop. We've only been flying for half an hour and she already has two pages of questions in her notebook to ask the doctor at our first appointment, which she insists needs to be before the week is over.

On the bright side she has found a way to channel her nervousness about having a baby, it just so happens that her coping mechanism is to make lists and do research.

I know she just wants to be prepared and I know even more that big changes like this scare her. I'm just happy she found a way that makes her feel better about it, even if she is turning into a bit of a-

"She's thirty minutes away from us" Hazel frowns looking up at me.

"That's okay, we can make the drive" I reassure her.

"No, it's too far" she shakes her head. "What if something happens and we can't get to her in time? Or what if it's really an emergency that only she can help us with and-"

"Okay" I cut her off and shut her laptop gently. "If it's an emergency we go to the hospital, not the doctors office"

"And the closest hospital is-"

"Three minutes away" I say softly.

"Right" she nods her head while rubbing the palms of her hands against the fabric of her sweatpants. "I'm being crazy aren't I?"

Emory frowns giving her a sympathetic look. "I'll go get you some water"

Hazel gives her a small smile as Emory stands up to go get some water. When she walks away I pull Hazel onto my lap and put her computer on the cushion where she was once sitting.