1: Outcast

Music was my next and last class so I was ecstatic especially because it was Friday.
Today we had to preform a piece in front of the class which is always daunting at first but when your up there and playing it's the best feeling in the world.

First up was a boy named Van, you could say he was a bit of an outcast since he's style is something from the late 80's to early 90's. He's hair was mid-length, still considered long for a boy, he only had 2 friends that he'd hang around with and even they were classed as outcasts, they were Benji and Bob. Seeing as we live in a small town everybody knows about everybody's business which is sometimes annoying when people know you come from a wealthy family, but I guess it could be a good thing too.

Van walked up to the front of the class holding his guitar firmly in his hand.
He stood at the front of the class and looked around which we all seem to do when we go up. He put the strap around him making sure that the guitar was tuned to his specific need before mumbling
"This is Roll With It by Oasis" he's low croaky voice mumbled before he started to strum along.
I admired him as he sang, he's voice was very unique and quirky I could honestly listen to him sing all day, plus when he performs he turns into a different person his so into the music, sometimes he head bangs along. It's like he's forgets about everyone in the room and throws his facade away.

He sings the chorus with so much passion which you can tell from how heavy he strums the guitar, it made me think about the lyrics;
"You gotta roll with it
You gotta take your time
You gotta say what you say
Don't let anybody get in your way
'Cause it's all too much for me to take"

We had to choose something that inspired us to become a musician and I guess Van has chosen this song because he's been denied offers from the music industry (word gets around fast where we live) so I guess he's chosen this song because he doesn't care what people think, he loves music and knows that one day he'll make it even if he has to do it the long way round.

Once he stopped playing the room was still silent as he shuffled his way back to his seat putting back on his facade.
I've only ever spoken to him a couple of time in class when we had to pair up but he seemed a little put off on working with me. I think it's because his intimidated by my parents money and how he's family do struggle with finance issues but I'm not like my parents and that's my issue with this town everyone thinks I'm a stuck up snob who gets everything because my parents are loaded, the amount of fake friends I've had makes me laugh/cringe. I've only got one real friend, and that's my cat Toby.

********
Authors note;;
This is my new fanfic so it might be a bit slow and boring at first but I have this story planned out so don't worry.
I decided to write this as there weren't many fanfics about catfish and the bottlemen, I hope that the first chapter is alright.
Please feel free to let me know what you think about it, I'd love to have some input.
Thank you x