13. Tyrants

I was surprised to find out that Bob lived across the road from Van. Well to be honest I wasn't, we live in a small town.

Once we arrived at Bob's house we went into the garage where his drums were set up. Benji was already there just jamming on his bass.

"Johnny here yet?" Van asked while putting down his guitar case.

"Yeah he's just in the bathroom" Bob said.

Johnny walked in and shook Van's hand.
"You alright mate" Johnny smiled.

"Yeah, thanks for meeting with us Johnny" Van smiled.

"Call me Bondy"

They jammed a bit and got to know each other. It was amazing to see them all click together like missing pieces of a puzzle.

"We wrote a song ages ago called tyrants, if I give you the cords do you want to give it a go?" Van asked excitedly.

"Sure man" Bondy smiled.

I watched as Van wrote down the cords and strumming pattern and hand it over to Bondy. This was the first time they were going to play an original song together. Obviously I was going to recorded it, every mistake will show them what they need to work on together.

I pulled my phone out and started to record them, they hadn't started they were just getting ready.
Van looked over at me and grinned, knowing that I was recording.

"One, two, three" Bob shouted and put his sticks together.

Bondy started to strum to the cords before Bob came in drumming as well as Benji with the bass. It sounded awesome.
And then Van started singing and I was in a trance.

We hung out for a couple of hours and got to know the other guys more.
Benji was hilarious, Bob was shy and quiet but had a good sense of humour. Bondy was very straight forward and spoke his mind. Van - well he just glued everyone together it was an amazing thing to see.

"Guys not being funny or anything but it's 6 and I have a date with Poppy at 6:30" Bob said surprising everyone.

"Oh aye, Poppy Steinfield?" Van said in confusion.

"Yeah, she's cool. We're just going out to see if anythings there and if we can be more than friends" Bob explained while looking down at the floor while I couldn't help but look over at Van.

"Good luck man, stay out the friend zone" Benji patted Bob on the back as he walked towards the door.

"Yeah good luck Bob" Bondy grinned before following Benji.

"It will be fine just be yourself. Just don't be too pushy. See you later Bob" I hugged him then walked towards the door where the others went.

I left the room leaving Van and Bob in there while I found my way to the front door. Stepping out I walked into a cloud of smoke.

"Want one?" Bondy opened the cigarette box. I took one out and put it in my mouth.

"Need a light" A voice said from behind me. Van laughed and handed me his lighter before we set off across the road to Van's house.

We stood outside while we finished our ciggs talking about people's plans for later. Bondy said he was going to a club out of town where this girl works (he really wants her number) and Benji said that he was gonna stay at home because he didn't feel that well.

"Could I tag along with you later" I asked Bondy.

"Yeah sure but you can't say stuff like 'tag along'" he said laughing at me.

"I'll come as well" Van spoke up like an over protective parent.

"Well if we're gonna go clubbing I can't be wearing this. So I'll see you boys later" I laughed

"Do you want a lift?" Benji asked.

"That would be great thanks" I smiled.

He threw his cigarette bud on the floor and took his car keys out of his pocket.

"See ya lads" Benji waved.

"See ya later" I said once I was sat in the car.

Benji started the engine and slowly drove away.

"I'll text you" I heard Van shout.

We got to the end of the road and turned left onto the main road where we went around two mini roundabouts. Then Benji started a conversation.

"So what's up with you and Van?"