3: Busking

After a few stops we got off and made our way to which looked like a cafe.
We stopped outside and I looked through the fogged up glass from the cold outside, the darkness of the sky made the cafe look aluminous.
"Are we going in?" I looked over at Van to see that he had set up he's guitar around him and put a cup out in front.
"Nope, you don't have to stay you know" he said looking directly at me.
"I want to" I smiled at him and saw him shake his head a little and a small grin was on his face.

-------------------------------------------
An hour and a half of standing in the cold Van decided that he should probably go home. He packed everything away and earned a bit of money from busking that he put into his back pocket.

We walked down a long narrow road talking about music and instruments, for a bit it seemed like I had made a friend who understood that I wasn't stuck up or like my parents.
We stopped outside a house that was like every other one along the street, the door was white and a bit grubby but the warmth of the light shon through the windows.
"Well I better go inside, will you be alright getting home" Van said sarcastically because this was the 'rough area' of our town.
"I'll be fine" I laughed.
He put his key in the door and pushed it open, I heard a voice say "is that you Van, come in here love" which made me smile knowing that his family were caring and loving unlike mine.
"I better go" he pointed back to what I'm guessing his mum had said.
I smiled as he shut the door, I made my way down the path and walked out of the gate.
"By the way Caitlin. I like your top" I turned around to see Van reopen the door and smiling before shutting the door once more.

I walked to the bus stop and the bus came instantly. I got on and found a seat at the back, I sat down and went over everything that happened today, it messed up my routine but maybe, just maybe I made a friend out of it.