4: Music Buddy

Today Sunday morning only meant one thing, to tidy up.
Joe made a mess of things (surprise, surprise) there was bottles and cans lying around everywhere downstairs, there was even silly string around our tv.
Joe wasn't fussed about cleaning up, he unlike me took advantage of what we had. He said it was the cleaners job, my parents paid a really lovely lady called Victoria to clean the house on Wednesdays, Joe thought that it would be alright to leave the mess and for her to clean it up but I don't think that it got into his thick skull that our parents were coming home tonight. So that meant I had to clean the house by myself.

Once the house was acceptable I went upstairs into my room and decided to write a song about last night. The best songs are inspired by real life events so I decided to give it a shot and try to write some amazing poetry.

I was amazed at how fast I wrote it, and how it wasn't terrible. My parents were due home at 9pm and the time now was only 4 so I spent the rest of my time watching friends on Comedy Central wishing and hoping that I would have a strong friend group like that one day.
After the 5th episode my phone buzzed and I was surprised to see that Van emailed me on the school address.
It read;
"Hi Caitlin, I strangely had a good time hanging out with you yesterday. Maybe if you like we could pair up in music and try to make Jazz music into something more of our style, I really don't want to work with Edward again his music taste is disgraceful. Plus your the only other person who likes the stones in music so I guess your music taste ain't that bad."
Reading his email made me laugh, the fact that he enjoyed my company and didn't let people's perceptive of me get in the way of that.
I really think that Van might become my friend.
I emailed him back stating that I would work with him and be his 'music buddy' also that I had fun yesterday too and apologised if I creeped him out.
I locked my phone and fell backwards onto the bed. Waves of words that he had spoken went through my mind before I gradually fell asleep at the thought of him.