Chapter 5

I woke up feeling the same headache again. I opened my eyes and it was still the same thing. Dark.

I sat up and tried to walk around the room but the stinging pain in my hands reminded me that I was hooked to yet another I.V bag. Me being hooked on this means I had another episode and I possibly crashed a whole lot than I did the last time.

"Ughhh!!  Why?? Why me!!" I placed my hands on my head.
"We're just managing and now that I have this stupid abilities, dad and mama have to start spending every single time I have an episode." School resumes next two weeks and my parents don't have enough to pay for all our school fees.
Jayden and I are in our last year of highschool. So we need to go to school and write our school leaving exams in order to stand a chance of going to college.

The thought of being the cause of my family's financial situation is enough for me to break down and cry. I cried my heart out and prayed to whatever gods around to hear my prayers. I didn't even notice when my mum came in and saw me crying.

"Oh my baby, stop this now. You're more than this. If you're crying, what do you want me to do? You want me to die?" My mum cried. She held me to her chest and hugged me close.

"Mama I don't like being the cause of the financial situation in our family. I don't like being this freak who explodes when I'm feeling a lot of emotion! I don't like this mama!! I don't!!" I looked at my body and sure enough, I was glowing red.

Startled and afraid, I showed my mum my hands, "mama, it's happening again." My chest started heaving up and down and it became difficult to breathe, my vision started becoming blurry, different colours started dancing around my vision.

But my mum quickly jumped to action. When she saw my eyes closing, She shook me violently and slapped me three times across the face. It hurt but it was enough to wake me up. After seeing my eyes wide open with confusion, my mum hugged me tight and started praying. I felt my body going limp. My mum probably noticed it because she shook me and slapped me so hard, I felt unconscious. After slapping me, she held me close and prayed again. I heard footsteps coming into the room and holding me in place. I don't even know why they were holding me in place. I wasn't shaking, was I?

I felt a needle pierce my skin before I fell asleep again.

4 hours later...

"Patient 21, Miss Rose Micheals will have to be transported to a higher facility. Call any nearby hospital and give me feedback on their response."  I heard a man say.

"Yes sir." A female voice spoke up and I heard footsteps leaving the door.

I moved a finger.

"But shouldn't this be Oasis' problem? We don't the facility to do this?" I heard another man say.

"That's why we're referring her to another hospital, keep up rookie." The man responded.

I moved two more fingers.

"But the neurosurgeon said her brain is messed up. He can do this, let's just take him there. Just a few checkups and we're done. We can give her out that way." The other guy said again

"I already did, Dumbo. I and the neurosurgeon did a few checkups on her and what I found out was revolutionary. It's science elevating. So as the other Patient 20. I took a few of their blood samples so I'll be doing more research. Until then stop sending me messages of bars to check out. I have a wife now."

Abruptly I stood up.

The two doctors looked shocked and confused at the way I stood up too quickly without falling back down.